Color question...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluerogue

Reaction score
I noticed the other night my black stallion has some roaning on his butt. He is out of a black pinto (Samis Royal Diamond) and by a blue roan (Little Kings Bagheera Buckeroo). He has never had any white on him before. I have pics of both parents, and of the roaning on him. I don't see any evidence of any type of overo in his dam's markings, but I don't know everything! And it's been a LONG time since I've seen her in person. Could it be possible that my King is carrying some form of sabino or something? Is that possible? I don't know what to think of it. I don't know how to post pictures, but I will be happy to email pictures if anyone wants to see them. My email address is [email protected] . Thanks!

He is probubly sabino. Do you know if his dam is a real, true roan or is she actually a sabino or a greying horse and do you know what type of pinto his sire is? People often call sabinos and or greying horses roans when in fact they are not. Good luck :bgrin !

His sire is a true roan with no white markings. His dam is a black tobiano, with no facial markings, but there is some smudging of some of her white markings. It looks roaned on one edge of the marking. Could this be a form of sabino? I've never seen this particular type before, so I'm not sure. It would be nice, though. I love sabinos. If he is one, it would make my day!

Latest posts

Back