Color Experts!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadyacersminis

Reaction score
I cant figure out what color my stallion "JSW Turks Super Charger" is... It has been driving me crazy since last year when we bought him.. I want to say he is Black Based with something else.. His mane and tail are light brown, which looks like a sunbleached black but that is his actual color. his tail has a cream color in it too, He has some white just below the cream which gives a blended look as you get farther down the tail. I really have no idea to what color he really is.. Any Ideas!!!

Here he is after his first clip in March..

chargerhead327102.jpg

chargerhalter327102.jpg

This is him a couple days ago with summer coat

charger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I'm no colour expert but he looks smokey black (and, yes, he is black-based). Only way to tell for sure is to test
default_wink.png
Handsome boy
default_wub.png

No color expert here just a guess as he looks like a mare we have & a stud we used to own. They are silver.

He's very handsome.
default_wub.png

Thanks,

This would also explain why his first foal, when he was bred to a Silver Dapple mare, looked like a silver dapple foal until I clipped him at a month old and he just dosent have the same body color im used to with the silver black, he has the flaxen mane and tail, just the body color was off..

We love Charger, he is a awesome driving horse and is now winning in Halter. He was shown for years as a Roadster horse and never did a single halter class until this year. Im also showing him in Country Pleasure this year too.

Kim,

I can say the same thing about Blue, I know that horse well. Worked with him and Robin everyday for several months last year.

Back