Collection for Foster Children Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Today I spent part of my afternoon passing out flyers at stores and business in our community. Everyone I have spoken to about this is very excited about helping this group. They feel this is a group too often overlooked. I have purchased a few things to prime the pump or in this case the barrel in our office. I am very excited about this and have set the goal for this quite high. I can't wait to come back and tell everyone how much stuff I have collected for these kids. Wish me luck.
default_biggrin.png

Sounds like you are making a difference! Good for you! I will be looking for your update. It is so good of you to see the need of these children and put forth this effort!

Can you refresh our memory on what this is about? I may have missed a previous post?
I started a collection for school supplies and school clothes for the foster children in our area. The idea came to me a couple years ago. I just want them to start school on the same level as other children. They should have nice clothing to wear and all the school supplies that are required. I have been able to get a local printer copier business to donate

copies of the flyer I created. The Rotary has asked that we attend their next meeting and speak to the group about assisting with the collection. The Lazarus group which my boss is a member of has agreed to get involved also.

Stores in our community have posted my flyers and the Dollar store in our community has agreed to put the flyers in grocery bags. I still have to contact the local papers to see if they will give me some free space for a small ad so it will get out to everyone in the community.

Nothing like this has been attempted for the kids in our area before and Adult & Family services is very excited about receiving this kind of assistance from the community.

I would like to fill their storage area to over flowing. We have a barrel in our office for collection.

I'm so hoping all goes well.

Marie/Shortpig

Lost my internet connection then duplicated my post GEEZ every morning now I lose my connection for a short time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fantastic, Marie! In our area there is an auction that is held over the radio at Christmas time to raise monies for presents for the children in foster care. I think it is a fantastic way to help these children. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back