CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love seeing all your updates of your new additions on facebook Lexi! they are so lucky to be living with you! and we all know that you deserve them! can't wait to see how your yearling goes next year at the shows
default_smile.png
I'm sure he will be outstanding!!

Thanks ladies!!!

Anna you are right about Delight, she does look bred! But unfortunately she is not. Paintponylvr I highly doubt Dove is bred at this point but she definitely could be... This coming January will be a year since I got her, so she could technically foal up until mid/late December I guess.

My new girl arrived!!! Her name is LM Hawks Perfect Melody or Melody for short. She is the sweetest mare ever, truly an amazing personality!!! She moves a bit odd though, possibly a stifle issue my vet will be checking shortly. She arrived this way, but I am really hoping its nothing.

She is in foal and due March 4th and the foal is by Billy Idol! I can hardly wait...... She has had 3 foals by him, I have only seen photos of 2 both both are stunning fillies. One is a palimino pinto with the most gorgeous look. Hoping for a repeat ;) but so excited about what ever she has!!! I dont have any photos that I have taken with my big camera yet but will get some soon. Also going to attach a photo of Mr. Jax being a goofball
default_smile.png

1375227_10151967162868478_698705084_n.jpg

1396070_10151972575283478_1874909124_n.jpg

photo-45.jpg

photo-46.jpg

Oh she's such a gorgeous girl - am really thrilled for you, a great addition to your special herd!
default_yes.gif

I have a mare that can show an iffy stifle when pregnant, but usually only in the last few weeks once she gets huge and throws her leg out as she waddles about! Your girl might be feeling the results of her journey to you - swaying to and fro especially with a tummy reasonably full of foal. They really do need to be pretty well 'muscled up' in their gaskin/second thigh area for some of those journeys. Make sure her back feet are kept well trimmed and give her plenty of outside time or a big stall if she's in a night and she should be fine.

Love the picture of Mr Jax - what a great shot!

Oh yes, she is just beautiful!!! Can't wait to see this new one, too!!

Mr. Jax is such a clown!!! So fun to watch his antics!

Hi Everyone!!

I have had tons going on, and have since added another new filly. She will be 2 in the spring!! I think you will all love her
default_smile.png

I was sending Melody off to be foaled out since I am a full time college student, and cant "sleep" in the barn for a month and a half like I did with Summer last year. But my trailer ride just fell through, so back to square one. I just pulled up a calendar app and here is what I came up with for her breeding dates.

She was bred March 14th as well as April 3rd & 4th. If she took on March 14th she is 279 days today. If she took on April 3rd/4th she is 259/260 days today.

Any suggestions or recommendations on someone who foals out in the US? I am located in Ma.

I was really doubting she was even bred and was scheduling an ultrasound until I felt a VERY active bouncing baby!! Isn't that the best thing?! Getting very excited, but also very nervous. Last year with Summer is still so vivid.

HOW EXCITING!!!!! I don't know of anyone that foals out, but where were you going to send her? It's W-A-Y early enough to perhaps schedule another ride for her. But I hope they will have MareStare so we can all watch this little one!!

She was going to be sent to either Maryland, or Virginia. I just don't see it happening unless I can find another hauler who can go very soon. Worst case scenario she stays home with me and I get wifi, computers, and cameras installed in the barn. Which really should not at all be an issue. Spoke with her breeder last night, and she gave me her notes on her previous births. She foaled around 325 days in 2011 with a very tight bag and ph tested ready (foaled at 9:15 pm). In 2012 she foaled at 330 days at 1:30 am. Super tight bag, and tested ready. She said she is always VERY textbook, so crossing my fingers thats the case this year as well. Just ordered foal time test strips last night so I will have them just in case.

Quick question... If she got in foal on her very first breeding date (March 14th) would she have allowed the stud to breed her again on April 3 and 4?

I am going to post photos of her past 2 fillies, the owner gave me permission to share. Both fillies are also by Billy Idol, so I will have a full sibling
default_smile.png
2824_87491284714_7393321_n.jpg

2824_87491289714_2029603_n.jpg

969344_10200792305422597_2001163835_n.jpg

994212_10200792303982561_1604640812_n.jpg

1005733_10200792306582626_183236872_n.jpg

Very exciting!! And yes, some mares will let the stallion breed then even when they are pregnant, so if she was still with him, it's quite possible she took on the first cycle, and then let him breed her again.

VERY NICE babies she produces!! The Foal Time Strips are wonderful, and they will let us know when she's ready if she tries being sneaky and not give us all the previous signs she's given. And remember, we're only as far away as a phone call if you need immediate help. My number is: 863-990-3210 and I'm always up and ready during foaling time -- no matter what the hour! And if you have cameras, all the better!

Oooooo this is sooooooooooooo exciting!! Great to have you back again by the way! I love Melody's previous babies and am really looking forward to seeing this next one
default_yes.gif

As she is an experienced mare I'm sure everything will be fine and that info from her previous owner will probably prove to be very useful, plus the foal strips will help wih her progress.

How's our lovely Summer doing - and any chance of a new picture of her plus your new filly ................... please!

Diane I still have you programmed in my phone from last year. Having you on the other end of the phone was truly a blessing during Summer's ordeal. Thankful is an understatement!

Thanks Anna! I have missed all of you wonderful Aunties!! Summer is just wonderful, best girl ever (as always). I promise you some photos in the next few days!! In the mean time I will share some of the new filly! Actually she is meeting Summer in at least one of them :D

Her registered name is Aloha Acres A Silent Wind, and I am a HUGE fan of her sire McCarthys Aloha Silent Partner! She is about 29-30 haven't measured her yet, but she is so tiny and dainty. I added some fancy professional shots of her as well as some cell pics I took in the barn OH and a teeny tiny baby pic
default_smile.png

Peanut 1 .jpg

Peanut 2.jpg

Peanut 3.jpg

Peanut 4.jpg

1460170_10152127291328478_1239972823_n.jpg

1533845_10152140664368478_241965939_n.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Baby peanut.jpg

What a gorgeous little girl, no wonder you are so excited to have her. Looking forward to more pics soon.
default_yes.gif

What a little BEAUTY!!!!! Oh, she's fabulous! I can't wait for more pictures too, and our upcoming year!!

What a cutie! I remember her at the sale. Liked her sire as well!!!!

I'm looking forward to your "new" mares' foal. Did I miss her name? While that pali spot is a beaut, I would love to see the buckskin filly when she gets older and is clipped or groomed to a short coat.

So Melody is either 319 days today, or 299 days depending on the breeding dates. I am leaning more towards 299 but would love all of her auntie's opinions!

I don't even think she looks bred, all of my other mares who are open except one look more in foal LOL! But she is a bit long bodied, so perhaps she can just hide it more easily?? The foal is super active, otherwise I would not even think she was cooking anything.

Attaching 2 fun photos of her, as well as body & udder shots. The side and back view are from January 18th, and the udder pics are from January 24th.

Mel edit no wm1.jpg

Melly with wm.jpg

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0090.jpg

What a beautiful little girl!! I love, love her face, so sweet!!!!

Melody is a beauty too!! Can't wait it see her foal, I'm sure this is a very exciting time for you. Best wishes for safe and happy foaling!!!!

It was also nice to hear Summer is doing well! Was that her saying Hi to the little one?

Melody is looking fabulous!! But I think that you are right and she will foal to the later date - no bad thing IMO, as you will be nearer some warmer Spring weather!

Keep the pics coming so that we can share the changes with you as she progresses.
default_yes.gif

Thank you Misty'smom! Yes that is Summer peeking over her stall door when I first introduced her to Peanut
default_smile.png

Thanks Anna & Diane!! I am also hoping for it to warm up a bit before the foal arrives, so we will see. I will start with regular photos so we can track her progress together. Mares usually start to bag up how long before foaling again?

Melody is either 310 or 311 days today! Still no bag, and I really thought I would have been seeing one by now.... Especially since she foaled previously at day 325 and day 330 with a huge bag (according to her previous owner).

Took some more shots of her yesterday so we can all keep track together! And Anna I know you have now asked me a handful of times for pics of Summer, so here are a couple photos of your very round and fluffy niece
default_smile.png

Melly in the snow.jpg

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0131.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0190 2.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

WOW! The pictures are beautiful! Summer is looking great, and Miss Melody is looking so wonderful! How about a couple of the "standard" shots of little momma? You know -- side view and from therear looking down her sides, both down at her level, so we can see how baby is riding!

Thank you for the pictures, too. We Aunties just LOVE pictures!

Latest posts

Back