Clipping my driving mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
It is getting cooler here in Northeast Oh. I hae been driving Lance dailly for about 45 mins. He is sweating now between his frront legs and going back to the saddle. I would like to clip him but being new to minis and driving I do not know the best type or just what to clip. He does have quite a bit of hair on him right now. I will nor be showing him at all so what is needed to show will not affect what I do with him. Would someone please let me know what and how to clip him.

Thanks

Remember to draw the outline of the clip on the horse- chalk for a dark horse, and either a board marker or coloured chalk for a light one- that way you end up with it not only even but you only have to follow the lines you have drawn- simple enough to do.

I remember the first time I did Amira without lines and the sides kept creeping up as I tried to even it out- she ended up with a blanket clip! Luckily she was stalled and rugged so it was not the end of the world.

Unless it is a very minimal clip, if it is at all cold where you are, or you do not have a substantial run in shed, I would think about a blanket- preferably with a belly flap.

Latest posts

Back