clipping, 8 week silver buckskin dun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggravation Acres

Reaction score
I was clipping Ice and noticed that he has the shoulder stripe on one side but not the other. Under all that baby fuz was also the zebra stripes on his legs. His legs started out white, but I thought they were turning grey because of the silver (from his mom), so you can see I was shocked with the stripes. ( I have not made it down to the lower leg yet, to see what might be there.)

His sire is also an appaloosa that started out a dark bay but is almost all white and black now.

So I guess I will probably just have to wait to see what he turns out to be in the end.

I would post pictures. but I am not up to speed on that. :eek:

Deb

Well heres what I learned if they don't have primitive Markings on their Skin then they arn't a Dun.

Learned that one the hard way. I bought a Yearling with a Dorsal I clipped him and there wasn't a Dorsal those things don't grow out with time
default_sad.png

As for the Gray he won't gray out because he has to have a Gray Parent Silver is a Different Gene
default_smile.png

Back