Clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly at WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
Hello eveyone! There are many talented groomers on here, and was wondering if you could help me out. I was wondering what are the best clippers that you use to clip faces? Thank you in advance for helping me out on this!

I have a pair of Andies ACG 2 speed clippers that I use anywhere on the body. I also have a pair of osters that I bought used and they are crummy. I know others have cordless they like to use for face and ears. But, if you are on a budget the Andis ACG can't be beat.

Laube cordless. They are adjustable on the fly. They seem to last a long time (blades) and recharge quickly.

Have a pair of Andis for a quick head and neck. They do well, are easier to get out and maintain. But if I'm doing it all, I get out the Double K's.

I love the double ks for the body and was excited and very pleased with the Laube speed feeds for the faces. Quick, quiet, cordless.

I was very dissappointed when, after using them 4 times in approx 2 days, I put them away, took them out 3 weeks later and they didn't work. Even after I fully charged them. I sent them into the company and am waiting their reply. I didn't care for the fact that they wanted credit card info "incase" the repair wasn't covered.
default_new_shocked.gif

Less than a month old and only used for 1.5 hours
default_wacko.png

Hopefully it is quickly resolved.

EDITED

Got them back today and they now seem fine. The motor needed to be re soddered. No Charge
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thanks everyone! So now I am going to compare the Andis and the Laubes. I get so dang on frustrated when the blades go so quick and seems like it takes soooo long to clip a little head and neck.

We have to get the double k's. lol.

Thanks again everyone. You helped me out!
default_laugh.png

Never used the Double Ks for anything, but I have used Laube's and love them.

Double Ks for the body but cordless for less noise and easier (cord get in my way) clipping on lower legs, ears and sculpting of head. I use the tiny Wahl Pocket Pro for the ears - narrow blade and very quiet. Then Laube or Wahl battery clippers for the legs and face.

ABSOLUTELY Double K

Would never go back.

I can clip horse after horse... and never worry that it will heat up. Blades might get hot, just switch the blade and keep going.

Latest posts

Back