Clipper Suggestions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricgail

Reaction score
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate ifsomeone could tell me what blades numbers to use on a Oster - A2 clippers for bridle path and face??

The Oster is an elecctric clipper. Maybe I should be using a battery clipper?? Can anyone suggest which clipper to buy for face and which one to buy for body clipping?

Thanks so much..

Last edited by a moderator:
For body clipping, I love my Double K's! And for faces and legs, trims, etc., I really like my Andis Super 2-Speed AGC's!

For bridle path and face, are you talking about just neatening them up, or for show? For just general neatening, a #10 does the trick for me
default_yes.gif

Electric clippers generally have more "staying power" than battery operated ones. I've had both and though the battery operated ones are more manueverable without the cord in the way, having to replace the battery packs while the others recharged was annoying. They didn't seem to be as powerful as the electric clippers either.

I use a #10 blade for general neatening up unless I'm getting the horse ready for a show, then I'll use a combination of finer cutting blades. You can use the same clippers for both body and face, unless you'd prefer to use a very small clipper that is less noisy for ears and such.

I like the Laube Speed Feed cordless clippers for bridle paths, faces, legs, etc. You can use the same blade and adjust from 9, 10, 15, 30 and 40. I also use those to touch up any spots I missed with the Double K's that I use for bodies.

For just general clips or face jobs I like the Wahl Barvura. It's a cord/cordless option and the blade adjusts from #9 to #40.

For tougher jobs I like the Storm II clippers by Wahl. IMO I would just get this one unless you want the cordless option. The Storm is light weight and gets the job done.

For body clipping, I love my Double K's! And for faces and legs, trims, etc., I really like my Andis Super 2-Speed AGC's!

For bridle path and face, are you talking about just neatening them up, or for show? For just general neatening, a #10 does the trick for me
default_yes.gif
This is what I have also. Love the combination. I do a lot of 'neatening up' and use a number 10 for everything. Just keeps it simple and no switching blades ect. I know a cordless may be easier to deal with, but have gotten used to the Andis and they are easy on the hands for me as I sometimes have trouble with that.

The clippers you have will work just fine. I'd stick with a 10 or 15 blade. You will get a nice close but safe cut. I think that any shorter than that is pointless. I know others will disagree but I don't like the "bald" look. I have used those same clippers for hundreds of dogs and mini horses. They work great. You can use them on face and body and the 10 and 15 blades will do great for all over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back