Clipped two foals this past weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
Went out on a hot weekend and clipped two of our foals from this year, the first is a colt and the second is a filly. Both are out of Erica's Big City Bailey's On Ice. Such a drastic change from rangy little furballs to looking pretty good!
default_biggrin.png

NewImage.jpg

NewImage1.jpg

NewImage1.jpg

NewImage2.jpg

Thank you for the compliments on my little ones, and the clip job wasn't as hard as I thought it would be except that it was so darn hot! The little filly (Mini h Bailey's Mocha Latte) kinda acts like she enjoyed it after she got used to the clippers, stood like a charm. The colt (Mini h Bailey's Fine Spirits) was very good also except for around his back rear, ha ha he was afraid at first I was going to take something with the clippers. But he even calmed down, both of them stood like pros to get their ears done.
default_aktion033.gif

Terri, they are both beautiful and so refined. They look like little china dolls. Looks like your feeding program is working well too!!
default_aktion033.gif

They are still on mom, unless foals are sold I leave them with mom until cooler weather so they don't run themselves sick at the fence. It is hot here right now. We just started feeding them separate from mom a couple of days ago, and then they finish with mom's milk.

They are absolutely beautiful! I would love to see some before pictures if you have a couple to post. I love seeing before and after shots.
default_smile.png

I thought they looked so scruffy from the heat that I didn't take pics right before we clipped them but I do have foal pics from spring. I can't find a full body on the colt, sorry

Here is Spirit and his mom

DSC04243.jpg

Here are two of Mocha

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04248.jpg

They are stunning babies. Mocha looks so grey after being clipped. That is why I love the before and afters, sometimes they change so drastically. Thanks for sharing. They are adorable!

Latest posts

Back