Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cassie!!!

I haven't been gone, just watching from the sidelines mostly.

I got healthy after a tough several months, this spring and summer, so now

I'm spend my time out playing with the ponies more than being on line.

Zoe and Penny do look a lot a like...blew me away when I saw Penny's photo.

I've measured Zoe at 35 inches and permanent registered her at that.

Other's have come and measured her at 34" Sooooo, she's between 34 and 35 inches.

(I've a inclination to measure as you would a big horse, at the withers, not at the

last mane hair, which might explain why I get her taller.

She is a genetic redhead...I had her tested at UCDavis 2 years ago for LWO, silver,

cream, agouti etc.

She was originally registered as a palomino and she's to red to be that so that was

why I had her tested....also for the potential LWO issues, as most who saw her thought

she'd test positive, but she is negative.

Now that that splash test is available I am asking UC Davis to run that test and

we'll see where that face white and those big blue eyes come from. Be interesting.

She's had 5 fillies and the one colt (in photo) from, Zee, my 29 inch American Express son.

I didn't think I'd ever get that long awaited colt, from them. I'm a real boy person.

Zee is a red and white pinto.

From them, I've had 3 red and white, wild marked, pintos and 3 red heads with crazy blazes.

The pintos all have blue eyes, like Zoe and the red heads all have brown eyes, like Zee.

If you go over to the Photo Gallery there is a short video of Zakky's first snow, this month.

His Daddy is in the video with him. They are weaning buddies and he LOVES his Daddy.

If Penny's close in size to Zoe, I think I can locate a bunch of photos of her at different

stages of pregnancy.

I'm excited for you and foaling season. I've no babies coming this year.

Now I've got my Zakky, who I've waited for since 2003, I may be thru breeding. He's just

exactly who I thought he'd be, sweet as can be yet full of the dickens.

I'll be watching Penny to see what she surprises you with!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nancy I would love to see the progress photos if you dnt mind? I loved reading all of that
laugh.gif
Thanks for all the great advice!!!I love your girl so much! Penny is registered 36" but I have measure her at 35" lol so she is around that lolYeah I'm hoping for a nicely colored foal
wub.gif
N would love to see those blue eyes ome through
biggrin.gif

Can we see some more pics of her babies please? You can post them on here
wub.gif
As penny isn't doing much yet lolThanks for watching her thread ;D

Hi Nancy - glad you are feeling better at last and great to have you back amongst us.
default_yes.gif

Your mare could almost be Penny's twin - what a pretty girl and that little colt is gorgeous!
default_wub.png

I saw Zakky's video earlier - made me smile LOL!!

I too would love to see a few more of Zoe's foals if possible.

saludando.gif
Hi Nancy! Your girl and Penny could be twins! Her little colt is so cute
wub.gif

Thanks guys. I like feeling good enough that they let me go back out in the barn.

I hate when I am relegated to sitting in a corner, in the house, with my hands folded in my lap.

And thanks for the compliments on Zoe & Zakky. Zakky is the apple of my eye.

Of course, so are his sisters and their mommy & daddy and our other mommy, Lady

and our big boy, Graffe and the dogs and cat ....... You can see where this is

going.

Cass, I will work on finding & loading pregnancy photos of Zoe to Photobucket and also

photos of the kidlets, too. I've lots on the computer just never loaded them for posting.

Welcome back Nancy, I am so glad you are feeling better. Keep rapped up nice and warm when you go out in the snow. Your little guy is adorable!

Morning all!!! Happy Australia Day!!!
laugh.gif

What did you all think of the possible colors for the foal? Pretty cool?
laugh.gif
I think so anyway lol

Take your time nancy, maybe you have some pics of the rest of your fur kids tht are easily accessible? Would love to see them if so
wink.gif
Thanks

I'm going to be the party pooper and say I'm still not convinced. Mostly because at 300 days everyone of my mares has been obviously showing, no doubt at all of a foal in there. I know they can foal without the belly as zoe's mare shows so I hope Penny proves me wrong, but until then I still have doubts
default_wink.png

Ok Bree, that's fine.Everyone is welcome to their own opinion...
yes.gif
I guess we will know in the next two months...

Update this morning, penny seems bigger again in the tummy, no udder filling yet, but she is quite filled just near her hips if that's the right way to describe it lol she seems softer behind but nothing that says I'm going to foal soon lolStill thinking end of feb, right when mum n dad will be in Germany! Well meant to be... My dad has really hurt his neck, he hasn't been able to do anything for the last month... Waiting for the MRI results to work out if they will begging or not... Thanks for helping me with penny anyway, even if she isn't pregnant
wub.gif

Cass, you're in the middle of summer there, right?

Have you seen any signs of Penny having normal seasons?

Any messy bottom area after a season, occuring. You

know how messy their bottoms get after a season.

Her bag seems to be showing some signs of change and I'm

not experienced enough, to know if they'd flucuate that much

just from hormones of a regular non bred season, rather

than the changes associated with pregnancy.

Color choices are frosting on the cake. I like boys and

red heads....so boys are my frosting and anything with red

makes happy. Actually a healthy happy foal of any color or

gender works.... And it's fun to dream :)

I haven't seen her in season at all... But I dnt really know what to look for exactly... Her tail is always filthy... She is a big tail n she is always swishing it around making it dirty lolI'm not to fussed... If she is pregnant then we will have a foal here soon... If not. Oh well I just wait n see what I decide to do in a few years lol
rolleyes.gif

Ok Bree, that's fine.Everyone is welcome to their own opinion...
yes.gif
I guess we will know in the next two months...
I hope I'm wrong
default_smile.png
I really do!
default_new_rofl.gif
And I don't say that very often!
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Shame the old owner didn't keep better records, most of my girls came off a big breeding farm but each had a sheet of paper noting when she went in, when she had been acting in season, when she had been served and when she came out. Very helpful and most dates weren't that far off
default_yes.gif

Wings said:
1327572889[/url]' post='1442571']I hope I'm wrong
default_smile.png
I really do!
default_new_rofl.gif
And I don't say that very often!
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Shame the old owner didn't keep better records, most of my girls came off a big breeding farm but each had a sheet of paper noting when she went in, when she had been acting in season, when she had been served and when she came out. Very helpful and most dates weren't that far off
default_yes.gif
Thanks
wink.gif
You know you have made me doubt everything all afternoon long lol not your fault it's mine lolHad a headache but we went n watched the muppets was so funny loved it... N it helped me relax whatever happens will be the right thing, thought I really really really want penny to be pregnant!! Lol I'm a little kid waiting for Santa not knowing if he is coming or not lol
rolleyes.gif
Omg if mark had written stuff like that down it would have saved so many months of waiting with Suzie lol n with penny lol I can't express how much of an idiot he is! I dnt like to speak badly about pole but if I never see or speak to him again I will be very well pleased hehe and I am very very glad I was able to get Suzie and Finn off him... Grrrrr!!!!! Anyway vent over lol thanks everyoneOff to bed now... Work tomorrow, public holiday today then one day of work tomorrow then the weekend? What the lol stupid government lol
rolleyes.gif

Penny a few days ago

/monthly_01_2012/post-43723-0-21110500-1327400989_thumb.jpg

Zoe the day before giving birth

Day312.jpg

What do you think Bree? I say yes
yes.gif

it's the shape of that belly that gets me
yes.gif
Hope it's a YES
aktion033.gif

Hope your headache has resolved itself, Cassie.

Here is a photo each of Zoe's babies. I'll put them in

order of their birth. Then I'll go to work on finding

photos of Zoe, while pregnant.

I LOVE the baby photos ..... it's like reliving those exciting days after foaling, all over again.

11 months is a LONG time to let your imagination go wild, in excitement.

You might enjoy this potential pregnancy of Penny's more, if she is, as you haven't had to agonize

the whole time.

Like with Zoe this past year and her pregnancy with Zakky. I had changed my mind about breeding and

sent her back out to pasture with her girls. She and Zee had conspired however, and had obviously

hidden out behind the barn, as they told me they didn't get the memo about my changing my mind.

I'm so glad they didn't listen, now, or I'd not have this little boy.

It was a lot less stressful waiting from May 6th to June 18th than waiting from June 2010 to June 2011.

Here's our lovable huggable babies.

Zena_1_week6-1.jpg

Zuni8-05-1-1.jpg

6-06-1-1.jpg

I'll put Zoolii, Zael and Zakky on the next post.

Zoolii2weeks-stamped.jpg

Facestamped.jpg

SV300238-1.jpg

That's Zoe & BabyZee's kidlets..

I've never been able to bring myself, after rocking them, holding them, carrying them around till

they got to big for my 4'11" frame, to rehome anyone. They're just are our kids.

So I've photos of them as they've grown and matured...well, except for Zoolii (sister #4) she fell

thru the cracks, getting a lot of photos taken, when things got over busy.

ALL of those foals are adorable! Just beautiful!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back