My Shetland pony mare bred to a miniature stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, does that mean a sleepless night or two?

Well, I finally had a veterinarian come out to do coggins, vaccinations and pregnancy test. She wouldn't palpate or ultrasound, but did blood tests. Now I have to wait until late this week to get results. 😫

So the vet isn't even sure if she is bred? The blood test is only accurate if you know how far along she might be, as far as I know. It had to be done within a certain time frame. I went through this a couple years ago with a mare that was confirmed in foal but must have lost it at some point. She got huge, bagged up, then waxed up. Went into what sure looked like the start of labor...then nothing. It was a very frustrating couple of months for me.

Vet wouldn't say by looking at her and never did any kind of exam. Just wanted to do bloodtests. Then if she is only fat wants to do more bloodwork. I told her I know why she is fat if not pregnant. She is my driving pony and has been idle for 4 months! Also being fed as if pregnant, so extra feed for past couple months. Very frustrating finding good Ole fashion large animal vet.

Well, I finally had a veterinarian come out to do coggins, vaccinations and pregnancy test. She wouldn't palpate or ultrasound, but did blood tests. Now I have to wait until late this week to get results. 😫
Hope the test results are okay. I hope she's pregnant.😃

The bloodtests came back today and my Sparrow is NOT pregnant. Now to get her back into condition for our driving season here in Florida.

Latest posts

Back