Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes showing is certainly NOT kind on the wallet... I'd hate to add up what I've spent on gear alone. I also have a mjor halter addiction, not helped by having a friend who makes halters
default_new_rofl.gif
She made Spesh's beaded set.

haha I bet! I have a friend who makes browbands lol uh oh! she is going to make Suzie's and we are looking at colours and designs now LOL AHHH lol I have a rug addiction!! LOL Smartie has SOOO many rugs (doesn't help that he likes to rip them lol) the mini's are getting there with their rug collection lol at the moment I'm making Suzie a show rug hehe so much fun, when its done I'll put some pics up for you to see
default_smile.png
so much fun
default_smile.png

Wow I like that Halter a lot Bree! I don't know of anyone who makes halters.. I haven't gotten a real show halter yet for Ricky other then a leather one with some silver filigree on it.

When are you going to show, Cassie?

Hopefully soon Megan
default_smile.png
I'm just waiting on my membership papers to come back from both amps (Suzie) and IMHO (penny n Finn n maybe Suzie) then I can register them n then start showing them
default_smile.png
I dnt think I'll show Finn this season though ppl want me to lol

Actually I think Finn is losing weight
default_smile.png
this morning I noticed he is a little hollowed out between the hips but I still can't feel the ribs through the mass amount of fluff he has lol I'll try take a pic today n see what you girl think
default_smile.png

Suzie is going to be going into the stable at night again as of onight to hopefully get her to lose her winter coat... I will prob have the camera set up so I can keep an eye on her, if I do I'll send you all the link in case you want to take a peek
default_smile.png

Afternoon off today so I'm hoping to work with them all again
default_smile.png
I love working with them so much fun!

You should try and get Finn into AMPS and get him out this season :nod he'd look fantastic out there!!

You should try and get Finn into AMPS and get him out this season :nod he'd look fantastic out there!!
naw Thank you Bree
default_smile.png
the only reason why I'm debating not putting Finn into AMPS is that I would have to brand him
default_sad.png
ahhh lol I don't like hurting my baby... I have to come up with a brand yet as well I can still show him miniature pony with IMHR and would love to put him into AMPS but I don't want to brand him... :S

It doesn't hurt for long though, I'm still looking at branding my horses as I like it for security. Chips can move.. one of my geldings may have just done this with his SECOND chip
default_frusty.gif
A brand is permanent and visible.

I've heard some vets do, if/when I go ahead with it I'll get a brand made up (I already have one registered) and will get someone out who only does branding. Often just asking around to find out who is doing it locally will find you someone
default_smile.png

cool thanks
default_smile.png
I got out the scissors tonight LOL uh oh! I cut three inches off Penny and Suzies tails and they are both still just touching the ground!
default_rolleyes.gif
they were starting to look a bit ratty so it looks much better now
default_smile.png
Suzie is in for the night
default_smile.png
cutie baby girl, she trotted quite happily in LOL I think she knows what sort of a night we are in for! I feel sorry for Finn and Penny who don't have rugs on them... gotta get Penny a rug I'm such a bad owner LOL poor bubba girl

I have sent the IMHR registrations off for all three mini's and apparantly I can start showing them even if I don't have their papers back yet so thats exciting
default_yes.gif
just waiting on Suzie's browband and Penny's halter what colour browband would suit finnley do you think? I'm thinking light and dark blue... but am up for suggestions
default_smile.png
default_thumbup.gif

That will be fun to show! I can't wait to try it. Hopefully next year. I need to learn about halters so I know what to get and practice with on Ricky. Maybe Tink too.

Where do you stream the cam through? Still Mare Stare? I set up an account with camstreams but can't get my computer to allow the site to pull the stream and show it online. It was free and I thought it would be nice to be able to stream it every once in a while when we were away or just to let others see them.

Cassie, I think that you should show Finn if possible. Quite apart from the fact that he could easily be placed, you need to remember how good it will be for his 'education'. All the things they see at shows, - the people, the other horses, the noise, the excitement, even the regular travelling - will really set him up for anything you want to do with him in the future. It will be a great experience for him!
default_yes.gif

Do they hot brand over in Aussie then - over here we have been freeze branding for years, and I can vouch for the fact that the 'marks' lasted a good 25 years!

if your weather is that grotty right now, I can well understand Suzie standing in her stall, grinning at those left outside. LOL!!

Haha thanks Anna
default_smile.png
looks like I'm going to have to get out n really start working the little munchkin hehe

I'm honestly not sure Bree will have more of an idea... We dnt even brand our cattle so it's totally new to me.... Both Suzie n penny have been branded though you can hardly see it now...

Megan just ask many questions lol Renee, Bree n another friend of mine will tell you what a pain I have been with the constant questions lol but I'm definitely learning heaps
default_smile.png

Megan I was thinking of going camstreams too... Didn't get a chance lst night but thinking of it for the same reasons as you
default_smile.png
will let you know how I go with that

We mostly freezebrand over here, Tinker's my only horse here who is hot branded and I think some groups have actually banned it? Not to sure on that one as my group isn't all that fussy, they just want some form of permanent ID.

Browband for Finn hmmmm... I would go royal blue and white maybe with gold.

see I knew Bree would know
default_smile.png
thanks Bree
default_smile.png

hmmm yeah I like those colours thanks heaps!! :D

I worked with Penny a little at liberty again this morning! I'll try get my brothers to try take some video or photos tomorrow, she is doing SOOO good
default_smile.png

she is trotting on voice command and jumped really high over the little jumps this morning and was eager to keep going LOL :D so exciting!! it was so much fun
default_smile.png
I think she was extra frisky from the wind and the cold.... I'm going to paint some timber to make a little coloured jump on the weekend and start adding some distractions this is so much fun! I can see why you love it Bree!

It's just the best isn't it!

Wish things would dry up a bit so I could do some jumping! Need to start putting Drifter over some fences again to warm him up for the next show.

Cassie was it you asking me about alpacas in one of thse threads? Because I just came in after watching my three put themselves between the group Lyric is with and a barking dog who wanted to come through the fence. The little intact male Castiel made every aggressive spitting sound and gesture he knew and the dog backed off. Pretty sure it wouldn't have stopped a pack or a serious dog but it was enough to spook this one right off.

wow thats fantastic! how awesome that the alpaca wanted to protect them! :D thats so cool
default_smile.png

yeah I'm so loving it! I want to take Penny in some performance classes but there aren't many shows I have seen that have them... certainly no ag shows that I will be taking them too... are there many performance classes down your way?

it really is soo much fun! do you guys have wind down there or just rain? we haven't had any rain here but it has been absoloutly blowing a gale for the last day and a half!!!

Wind and rain and snow and hail and EVERYTHING! I think we'll float away at this rate
default_new_rofl.gif

Yes I was pretty impressed with how determined Cas was to drive off the threat, especially when he is so darn cute you wouldn't think he could scare anything!

Close up DA.jpg

The agis down here rarely, if ever, have performance classes but all the AMHS feature shows have a full program. Not sure what IMHR shows are like as we only get their state show down here. You might have to move
default_wink.png

haha wow he is VERY cute! and soo fluffy lol thanks for the pic!

hmm yeah, the IMHR state show has performance classes so I'm hoping to get Penny to at least those ones... do you know if they have to be clipped to do jumping and what the difference was between the different jumping classes such as trail/ show jumping 8 bar fault and out lol was looking at the programme wanting a dictionary LOL
default_thud.gif

I have decided that little Finn and Penny are going into the stables tonight!! its far to cold and windy and they don't have any rugs on them! at least Suzie and Smartie have layer upon layer LOL I reckon Finn will be SOOO happy to be in HIS stable again
default_smile.png
everytime he goes in there he lays down and sleeps the whole night long LOL cutie baby man! love bug!

Oh Bree what a cute little fella - and so brave too!! Well done BIG MAN!!
default_firstprize.gif

Latest posts

Back