Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bring the wine and chocolates
biggrin.gif

LOL!! Diane - they are great arn't they!!

Dont forget to pilot the plane to collect me on the way - could just do with a bit of warm weather away from our freezing temperatures right now, and the idea of a trip with friends to visit another special friend and her wonderful animals would be JUST PERFECT!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Cassie I'm sure that you dont see much movement (or even feel it) with Penny because her little baby is taking up all the space in her tummy - no much room to move around?? Some of my mares show movements and kicks and some dont, so by all means keep watching and feeling, but dont panic!!

Diane, I love the wine glasses
default_wub.png
Anna they are great. where did you ever find them
default_wub.png
My son-in-law always gave me fits about drinking wine.
default_new_rofl.gif
. He would have a mixed drink or a beer and all I would ever drink was a glass of wine. Wonder if that glass would change his mind?
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

LOL!! Diane - they are great arn't they!!

Dont forget to pilot the plane to collect me on the way - could just do with a bit of warm weather away from our freezing temperatures right now, and the idea of a trip with friends to visit another special friend and her wonderful animals would be JUST PERFECT!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Cassie I'm sure that you dont see much movement (or even feel it) with Penny because her little baby is taking up all the space in her tummy - no much room to move around?? Some of my mares show movements and kicks and some dont, so by all means keep watching and feeling, but dont panic!!
Thanks Anna, and yes you are definitley all invited... although its not exactly beach weather at the moment... lol make sure you bring your rain coats and wellies
default_rolleyes.gif
lol and Diane you might have to use the road as a run way as the paddocks are water logged
default_unsure.png
lol and don't worry you can ALL come we have plenty of room for everyone to stay
default_yes.gif
default_laugh.png

I sent some of the pics to the girls breeder to see what she thought of Penny, this was her reply.... oh and Anna, thanks for adding that part about there being not much room, that makes sense...
default_aktion033.gif
do you think because of all the changes she went through this past year could be the reason why her tummy is smaller this time? lol

anyway here is parts of the email that Christine sent me
default_biggrin.png
p.s she is LOVELY!!

"Hi Cassie,

When can she foal too, like when did you buy them. As I’d near say with the photo’s you have sent me

each time she looks fuller in the flanks, it’s like you could cup your hand around down low just before the flank.

I had a little mare foal last week that wasn’t as big as her, belly wise the foal wasn’t a big foal but was very leggy,

unfortunately it wasn’t presented correctly & before the vet could get it out it had died.

From memory Suzie’s mum used to look like she was having twins or more, she retained a lot of fluid, (like mother like daughter?!!! lol Suzie was big with Finn considering his size
default_wink.png
)

I was in full panic mode the first time we had her in foal, I rang the guy we bought her off & asked him &

he said she is just full of fluid & when the foal was born it was the tiniest little black bundle & the mare went down like a balloon

so they are all so very different.

I’d love to know what date you got her but.

Cheers Christine"

its a bit sad about her little foal... poor thing, I sent her an email of her dates and also asked if she took any pics of the are this was her reply...

"Hi Cassie,

Ok, I was going to say maybe give her 2 months (8 weeks) as she doesn’t need to start to bag up for another 2 or 3 weeks& you should start to see little bag developing, she should let you have a feel as I had to milk her. But I think she could well be. (this is the part I liked hehe)

Another few weeks & you will have more definite signs.

I only ever had 1 mare do a phantom pregnancy on me, I had tried to get her in foal for 3 years & 7 different stallions.

I was certain she had gone as she never returned in season, would always stir the stallion up, swish the tail & give a kick

& scream & walk away, then time arrived, she had quite a good belly & started to bag up she even went as far as having wax

& was like colicy for a few days, nothing happen so I got the vet as I was concerned & he tested her not in foal, well after that

Both the belly & bag of milk went away, needless to say I sold her & the people that bought her she went in foal straight away

& had a lovely coloured buckskin filly.

No I should of taken photos of her as all the way through her pregnancy I wasn’t sure.

Talk to you soon,

Cheers Christine"

so that's what her breeder thinks...
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
I will keep her updated, I haven't contacted the loser Mark back lol I'm going to write him off I think I might just ring him to tell him that Penny had a gorgeous little foal and thats it LOL hopefully I WILL be able to tell him that
default_rolleyes.gif
I have put her rugs on her today, (msg'd Renee early this morning to check it would be ok... THANKYOU RENEE!!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
)

it was pouring with rain and freezing and poor Penny was shivering like crazy so she is in with Smartie for the day (didnt want her in with Finn with rugs on as he jumps all over her, didn't think it was a good idea)

if she is in foal, there is no way she will foal today so I thought it was safe, and Smartie is always miserable when its raining and just stands around with his head down LOL

oh I almost forgot silly me, I measured her this morning... and she is another inch bigger then last time... would that be right for a late term pregnancy? do you think??

Thanks everyone for ALL of your help!!!!!
default_cheers.gif

oh n I LOVE the wine glasses!!!! we have heaps of wine at home but nothing like italian wine I'm sure!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
lol I can get the tim tams!!!
default_new_multi.gif
yummy!!

I admit that I have to 'blame' my good friend Rhod for the suggestion about the 'glasses', but I think they are just brilliant!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

So Cassie, it looks as though Christine thinks that Penny could be preggars!
default_yes.gif

I think she is carrying 'all foal' and little 'fluid' - unlike the wonderful Suzie LOL!!

Hang in there - you might yet get your wish to send Mark that photo!
default_biggrin.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Just love those those wine glasses
default_aktion033.gif
just what we all need with all this watching save us nipping back n fore filling up hahaha

Lindi-loo said:
1328087619[/url]' post='1444018']
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Just love those those wine glasses
default_aktion033.gif
just what we all need with all this watching save us nipping back n fore filling up hahaha
Lol I dnt think I could even manage half of one of them lol
rolleyes.gif
I wouldn't be watching much after a full one anyways lol my body doesn't cope to well with the alchy lol it doesn't take much for me to get tipsy hehe
biggrin.gif

Thanks Anna, still hopeful...
yes.gif
We should know in about a month anyway I think... Smartie is lame tonight... Think he might have a foot absess with the rain we have had its no wonder... My farrier is coming out tomorrow to take a look at him, hoping to not get the vet out but will if I have too... Still getting over finleys little trip lol
wacko.gif
Hoping some day soon to have some real progress from penny to know that she has got a little baby in there
wub.gif
Did anyone look up the stallion? Wondering what you think of him? I really like him n would love to know your opinion on him... Still waiting to hear back from his his owner with permission to post photos...
wink.gif

I have found the stallion Cassie. Scotts Creek Monarchs Sophisto Cat A180611.

Sire - Sierra Dawn Unos Monarch (30" Black)

Dam - Brewers Dynamo Sophisticated Lady (32" Grey Pinto)

He is owned by Sharon and Scott Crawford as you obviously know. They have registered 4 foals by him with the AMHA (3 fillies and 1 colt) but all born in 2010 - nothing registered with the AMHA after that, so I guess they are just doing Aussie registrations?

I did find an older Facebook picture of him when he won the Aussie Grand Championship in 2010 - couldn't see him that clearly but what I could see looks very nice. Do you know his height? There is no height on his AMHA stud book entry (reg'd as a foal obviously) so I dont think the Crawfords have bothered to bring him into the permanent register - which does mean that if you have any AMHA mares you will not be able to AMHA register any foals born if you use him as a sire (dont suppose this will bother you!) Hopefully Sharon will let you post a picture or two - from what I could see he would suit both Suzie and Penny in the future!
default_yes.gif

LOVE the wine glasses, I think I need a few of those when foaling season arrives again.
default_new_rofl.gif

I've got my fingers crossed Cassie
default_yes.gif

I have found the stallion Cassie. Scotts Creek Monarchs Sophisto Cat A180611.

Sire - Sierra Dawn Unos Monarch (30" Black)

Dam - Brewers Dynamo Sophisticated Lady (32" Grey Pinto)

He is owned by Sharon and Scott Crawford as you obviously know. They have registered 4 foals by him with the AMHA (3 fillies and 1 colt) but all born in 2010 - nothing registered with the AMHA after that, so I guess they are just doing Aussie registrations?

I did find an older Facebook picture of him when he won the Aussie Grand Championship in 2010 - couldn't see him that clearly but what I could see looks very nice. Do you know his height? There is no height on his AMHA stud book entry (reg'd as a foal obviously) so I dont think the Crawfords have bothered to bring him into the permanent register - which does mean that if you have any AMHA mares you will not be able to AMHA register any foals born if you use him as a sire (dont suppose this will bother you!) Hopefully Sharon will let you post a picture or two - from what I could see he would suit both Suzie and Penny in the future!
default_yes.gif
Thanks Anna,

yeah he was imported so I think they registered his first lot of foals... wiht your AMHA lol

I don't know his height... He looks to be about 30-34" but will ask Sharon when I talk to her next...

I will probably either register my foals MHAA or IMHR... hey Bree what do you register your babies with? Suzie and Penny are AMHA so maybe I will register with that lol haven't really decided yet
default_rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't put Cat to Suzie as Suzie is a miniature Pony and Cat is a miniautre horse... already have a mini pony stallion lined up for Suzie, though if I find one with some striking markings I will try put her to him I think... I love the different colours and markings
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png
blue eyes are my weakness though I think lol beginning to really fall in love with them
default_biggrin.png

here are some pics of Cat
default_wub.png
:wub what do you girls think? I think he and Penny could have a real nice foal together... but would love your opinion!!

oh n this is one of his foals... to a mare very similar to Penny!!!!
default_wub.png
isn't he gorgeous!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

oh an update on Smartie... its definitley an absess so he is on stable rest for the next 3-4 days... he is coping quite well and I am so proud of my man!!
default_wub.png

Cat.JPG

cat2.JPG

oh n this is one of his foals... to a mare very similar to Penny!!!!
default_wub.png
isn't he gorgeous!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

abrakadbra.JPG

wow Cassie he is stunning, I would love to put him to my girls
yes.gif
he looks small too which is how I like them.
aktion033.gif

pray.gif
for Smartie to get better very soon.

Eagle said:
1328253380[/url]' post='1444501']wow Cassie he is stunning, I would love to put him to my girls
yes.gif
he looks small too which is how I like them.
aktion033.gif

pray.gif
for Smartie to get better very soon.
Thanks Renee!!! Yeah I love him so much!
wub.gif
N he is only 20minutes from where I live!I love them small too Penny is just a little big for my liking but I love her so much that I will forgive her lol she. Can't help it anyway... Oh what does live foal guarantee mean? Hehe... What colour would he be do you think? I would say there is splash in there... Black Sabino? Maybe?? HeheSmartie is a little better this Arvo thank goodness!
laugh.gif
It's just so wet all the horses feet are getting ruined...

Live foal guarantee is a form of a warranty offered to the mare owner by the stallion owner. Basically, it says that if the mare fails to produce a live foal from the breeding, the stallion owner will breed the same mare again without charging another stud fee.

As for colour I am not very good at that but I would agree that he looks like a black sabino with splash.

saludando.gif

He's gorgeous Cassie and that little foal is so scrummy!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

He would certainly make a beautiful baby with Penny.
default_yes.gif

Hope poor Smartie's foot is better soon, bless him.

Oh My, yes, I like that stallion. He would cross nicely with MY penny. You should get a real nice baby out of that breeding for sure and a good chance of some blue eyes too.

He looks a bit noice Cassie
default_yes.gif

I will probably either register my foals MHAA or IMHR... hey Bree what do you register your babies with? Suzie and Penny are AMHA so maybe I will register with that lol haven't really decided yet
Firstly, are you sure Suzie and Penny are with American Miniature Horse Association? There was an Australian group that started up and lived for a short time that used the same letters. Not helpful!
default_new_rofl.gif

Personally, the expense of membership and such none of mine are with any registries outside the country, I don't gain any benefits from having them there which is probably why my horses by/out of imported horses where never put on. Just my 2cents.

IMHR is quite strong in Queensland and I believe NSW so they would be a good idea, you should get a fair offering of shows and look out for agi shows being sponsored by them.

MHAA I'm not sure I should comment
default_wink.png

My guys are all with the newly founded AMHS (Australian Miniature Horse Society) which has kicked off brilliantly. very active down with me in Victoria but growing with some strong support in NSW and QLD. Hopefully the other states as well soon! VERY low fees at the moment (half prices membership right now and a limited time option to bring all your minis onto the registry for a very low price) which makes it very affordable for those starting out.

With Suzie I'd look at getting her onto the AMPS (Australian Miniature Pony Society) if she isn't already.

Hope that helps!

Suzie and Penny were registered with the Aussie AMHA, which I can't remember what that is now... hmmm LOL they aren't american registered at all.. Penny does have american blood lines though...

have you heard much about Sophistocat Bree?? what do you REALLY think of him? I don't care if you dnt like him... I want to know what you think and how he would look with Penny? If you don't mind that is
default_laugh.png

oh I won't register any of mine for another country... as you say no point
default_wink.png

yeah really leaning toward IMHR!!!
default_biggrin.png
alot of my friends are in it, and I have heard good things....

MHAA yeah really not sure about... besides being CRAZY expensive... they were really rude to me when I did some enquiries!!! I DON'T like rude people LOL

I'll do some research on AMHS could be a good one...

oh n yeah I plan to register Suzie with AMPS... as long as they aren't to expensive LOL

don't know if I will ever show Suz... but I want her under my name anyway...
default_biggrin.png

My pony friends say she is a VERY good pony type... so I could probably have a go... but she has such a tummy all the time I think it would be a bit hard LOL

Thanks for the advice Bree
default_biggrin.png

Haha Amanda if only you lived here!!! LOL then you could!! hopefully going to see Cat soon, and Sharon his owner I think might let me tag along to some of her shows for experience before I show my own!! yippee!! so excited!!

thanks for the clarification Renee, I had a feeling thats what it was just wasn't sure lol

Thank you for all the kind words on Cat, I am so in love with him!! thinking I will start a Cat foal fund HEHE put little bits aside
default_biggrin.png

ok so I took some pics of Penny today, as it was finally sunny so I could finally take her rugs off LOL

I think her tummy might have changed a little? its not bigger at all... I measured it LOL but she seems to be carrying a little lower? I have put photos onto a word document (don't know how well it will come onto here
default_unsure.png
lol hoping it will be ok LOL showing her tummy both sides from October through to today... one pic for each month....

I'm really not sure LOL
default_wacko.png

love your help
default_biggrin.png
thanks!!!

Smartie is a little better and I was able to put him out in his paddock today!!! thank goodness as he made a complete mess of the stable LOl if it starts raining again he will go back in... but I'm letting him enjoy some paddock time... he wasn't even limping this morning which is great!!!
default_aktion033.gif

anyway let me know what you think about Penny's tummy hehe thanks

hope you are all happy and well!!

added: ok well the file doesn't want to load... so I will have to do it individually... and right now I have other important matters at hand...

like Finley!!!!!!!!!!! the naughty little pony has colic AGAIN!!!!!
default_no.gif
default_wacko.png

not as bad as last time, thank you Lord!

heart rate is 80 which is high but low compared to the 180!!!! last time, we can hear lots of gut movements which is excellant as last time we couldn't hear ANYTHING!!!!!! the vet has been out... given him some finnadine which is our version of Bannamine, he is up walking again (after trampeling all over us as we tried to stop him from rolling) and he is even interested in pestering Penny
default_yes.gif
PLEASE PLEASE pray for my little man and me tonight!! as its still a danger... it will be a long night as I have to keep checking him... I kinda wish I had marestare set up already... but that can't be helped now... will try keep you posted on how everything is going...

one thing you can do it pray! prayer helped my little man last time, it was a miracle he survived so I am putting my faith in our wonderful Lord to help him get better again tonight!

Thank you everyone for you support

Love you all!!

Latest posts

Back