Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha!!! Farrier IS tiny, but not quite that small! He just turned 18 years old. His brother did our horses for years, until he moved to Florida. This guy did all his training in Florida, and is so amazing with the horses. If he has a question about something, he doesn't hesitate to call someone and ask, as opposed to acting like he knows. He also does some driving for me during the Christmas season.

Okay, pics!! Nothing much to look at, doesn't look "relaxed" to me, and you can tell how horrible her clip job is, and how "off" her tail patch is! ;)

From above:

20130324_183614.jpg

From behind:

20130324_183655.jpg

From behind again:

20130324_183710.jpg

Hooha:

20130324_183625.jpg

And just because I'm SOOOO aggravated at all this POLLEN!! My car is supposed to be BLACK!! And all the horses have yellow noses and boogers!

20130324_093805.jpg

Today's pics...not much changed, if at all.

Back view:

20130325_182333.jpg

Side view:

20130325_182347.jpg

Hooha:

20130325_182757.jpg

And I walked out to discover my daughter had managed to scramble up on old Dale, out in the big pasture. I had to let them in so Dale could eat.

20130325_181440-1.jpg

Anyway, hooha still pink, milk test still the same (100ppm CA+, 8.4 pH). I'm ready for SOME change!

Oh!!! And Renee, wasn't that you telling me to try olive oil on that spot on her mane?? I'll be John Brown if that isn't working!! Looks better already!!

And TSC is still out of bran oil...will try again tomorrow!

Agree with giving the vet a heads up just in case. Better safe then sorry!

Has Pat done the escape trick before or is this a first for him?

Oh!!! And Renee, wasn't that you telling me to try olive oil on that spot on her mane?? I'll be John Brown if that isn't working!! Looks better already!!

And TSC is still out of bran oil...will try again tomorrow!
The Italians are good for 2 things Wine
default_472.gif
and olive oil
default_thumbup.gif
I am glad it is helping her, I love the stuff and use it on my hair once a month. What do you think of my mane?
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

foto (2).JPG

But if you were going to pick any 2 things to be good for then what a great pair of things to pick!
default_new_rofl.gif

Hey!! That looks awesome! Maybe I'll have to try it on mine!! I have an issue with very dry hair. Mine is also long, more than midway down my back when I straighten it. Yours looks very thick and shiny!

And Wings, it's ALWAYS Pat that finds somewhere to escape. He's also the one you have to tie his lead rope a certain way, not just a simple quick release, because he can easily get that loose. And gates?? You have to put a chain with a snap on them, not a bolt lock. Ike is a mouthy horse too. I think Haflingers are known for their dexterity and Houdini-like tendencies. When you finally go find them, either in a neighbor's yard, or behind the barn dragging their lead rope, their little faces look sooo innocent!! They look at you like, "what? I was just coming to check this out for you, so you wouldn't have to!"

Cold as all get out here. 28 this morning. I know it's nothing compared to negative wind chills and all, but anytime it's below 75, I'm cold! Want to stay cuddled up in bed all day, but that's not gonna happen.
default_smile.png

Good thing is, this is our Easter snap, and it will be back in the mid 70's before the weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Haflingers are famous for their magical escapes. My stallion Nero used to get out and then let his friends out too
default_thud.gif
We actually called the police cos the stallions were alwasy found out during our lunch break. We were very careful not to put the boys out at the same time in breeding season to avoid any fights. The police suggested we put a cam up to see who was entering the property, so you can imagine all the laughs we had when we found out who the colprit was
default_new_rofl.gif
Stupid boy never let any of the girls out just his buddies
default_xkngt.gif

Hilarious!!! Hope there were no major fights. Aren't they SUCH characters? Both of these will spook and come unglued at a new trash bag sitting on the curb, waiting for pickup, but will calmly stand there when a fire truck with sirens blaring passes them within inches of their noses.

Pat is definitely our comic relief at work. The draft horses just stand there and nap when we aren't busy, but Pat looks all around, and whinnies at almost everyone. He even does that on tours sometimes. Folks always get a kick out of him.

And Ike is retired from work. He foundered once pretty badly, so he is used for my mom's doctor's buggy, and as a light riding horse for my daughter.

Amy,

My sister and I love Haflingers!! We actually found 2 brothers, they were weanlings in our little town. They were so sickly, under weight and full of worms! We bought them for $100 each and they were GORGEOUS by the time they were 2 yrs old. We ended up having to sell them sadly
default_sad.png
BUT they went to a guy in Houston that is training them to drive. He is over the Houston Rodeo whatever and he will be training them for the grand entry of the rodeo... Kinda cool... anyway thats my halfie story!!

Yours are BEEEUUUtiful!!!

Oh and we sold them for $2500 for the pair! not bad after buying them for $100!! Saved their lives and then made a little money.. we cried like little babies when they left but its great to know they went to an awesome home!

That's so awesome!!! I have trouble selling horses. I've sold one in my life, and I ended up buying her back when she was being mistreated and not fed properly. We keep ours till they die, even the carriage horses. They work so hard for us, then it is the least I could do to ensure they have a great retirement! The old Percheron my daughter is on (previous page), he's 25 and has been retired almost three years. His weight is going down fast, but teeth are good. We have started soaking all his feed, and have added beet pulp and weight builder.

Just for fun, here's our troublemaker today:

20130326_111403.jpg

20130326_111345.jpg

And for good measure, here is Cinnamon this morning. This is the FIRST thing she does every morning when we let her out out of her stall!

20130326_092034_15978-1.jpg

Whoops, I did the wrong pic! Do I see a *small* udder developing???

I still cry when I see my Shiner's picture come up on the computer
default_sad.png
, but sometimes life isn't fair.....

He doesn't look like a trouble maker to me at all!!! He is soooooo adorable!!!

I also feed my 22yr old TWH beet pulp, he has horrible teeth, apparently no one ever took care of them in his life
default_thumbdown.gif
He is missing a couple of teeth and I'm having a hard time keeping weight on him.

I see an udder there for sure!!

Yes, but yours got a great home!! Happy homes make all the difference in the world!

Pat got out of the pasture the other day, so that's where the "troublemaker" comment came from! ;)

As for Dale, he's missing a couple, but good for his age I guess. We actually got Dale from a guy in Marshall (or was it Jefferson?). Dale is a Texas horse, lol

Yay for boobies!!!! I wanna just reach in and get that baby! Guess it needs to "cook" a little longer.

All your horses are beautiful and I love it that you keep them through their retirement - I love doing that too!

I see boobies!
default_yes.gif

What a beautiful trouble maker.

I have a 2yr old mini gelding who must have the soul of a Haflinger. I think the Aunties here have been hearing about Derby's Houdini routine for as long as I've been here
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl He likes to upstage me as often as possible ;)

yep I see boobies too
default_yes.gif
Thanks for sharing the pics girls, I really miss my Haflingers. They both went to really good homes, I castrated the boy and he now works with disabled kids and my little girl is a pasture ornament for an older lady that adores her.

What a pretty little lady!!!! Haflingers have the personalities of toddlers...the curiosity, the meddling, and yes, even the temper tantrums sometimes! Haha!!

And let's hear it for BOOBIES!! Okay, between wanting to rub an udder picture to rejoicing about an udder, I think I need more sleep!

Back