check out this horse paradise!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StellaLenoir

Reaction score
Emerald Glenn

Oh if only I had hundred of thousands of dollars! This place would be great!!!!!!

This place will have 4-6 acre homesites for horse people, miles of trails, and a crazy huge no expences spared equestrian center.
default_new_shocked.gif

Check it out very interesting!

[SIZE=12pt]Sounds nice, but it may be a slow go for the developers, with the real estate market as bad as it is here in Florida.[/SIZE]

Barbie

Very nice but that place is bound to have more restrictions than Bayer has pills when it's all said and done. Sometimes in places like that, you actually do loose some control over quite a few things. When we first lived in the new develped Jockey Club in Florida, we were fined for an illegal dog house, an illegal clothes line, an illegal grass growth (it exceeded 4 inches because our mower died) and an illegal fence.
default_new_shocked.gif

I don't know about other states but those equine estates are a big thing in Florida. There were a couple around St. Augustine when I lived there.

default_new_shocked.gif
Illegal grass!
default_new_shocked.gif

I just think it would be nice IF it were not restricted. I am a very unplanned type of person and could never co-exist in a planned community.

I would have illegal everything! My house used to be yellow with purple trim and a teal door.
default_rolleyes.gif

I am a frequent shopper of the mis tinted paint section of hardware stores. lol!

But the fantasy is nice. The trails, and oh my the equestrian center just looked awsome!

We lived in Southern CA on such an " well desired" Estate.

Restrictions for everything, agreement on just one thing that never happened in all the years, permission for breathing................

We even voted for a " President" who tortured us from morning to evening. When he saw a flag outside a house he run to the next lawyer.

Since that time I am allergic to communities, neighbors, houses too close and so on

Anita

I looked into one here that was a 7000 acre ranch broken up into 50 acre home sites. the hitch was that you could only fence 5 acres for your horses and the rest was open to graising, for the original ranch owners cattle . other than the fenced areas you could ride anywhere on the ranch also. the upside is that if my house was in the middle the nearest neibors would be 25 acres away. the downside is that Id have someone else telling Me what I could do on my own property. WE passed but I know several people who live there and are happy as can be. they dont seem overly concerned with paint colors, or grass higth.[ other than the fire laws ]. if your intrested its called Flying O Ranch, and the have a web site up they are in central CA. DR.

These developments are very popular here in Tennessee. In fact, we own propery in an equine development that Borders the Big South Fork National Park. It's a cute neighborhood...more rustic, nice log cabins. www.highlandsatbigsouthfork.com Very quiet, some restrictions to maintain property values, but nothing unreasonable! Since this development was so popular they are popping up like crazy in our area! The property is sold almost immediately....even in todays market! I had some advance notice, a friend owns the development and offered us a chance to get in early. We toured it, were worried it was in an out of the way location and passed. Man, have we kicked ourselves.....!!!!! :DOH!

Illegal grass?
default_new_shocked.gif
I have 18 horsey's powered by themselves that could handle THAT in a heartbeat
default_new_rofl.gif
The property we have is bordered on the back by a wildlife reserve-farmer to the left of me-to the right of me 20 acres away a couple retired and nothing across the road for at least 2 miles rolling meadow
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back