Champion of Champions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
who is everyone's pick to win the Champion of Champions???

My guess is Miss Kentucky

Tiffany and I have a bet.

I say Lord of the Rings......then she has to eat tofu.

She says Steel Magnum... then I have to cook lasgna with meat.

what is it with the hind legs on these horses? None of the trainers are setting their hind legs. They're letting them stand really wide behind

Strider....

This is cool!

Liz M.

Miss Kentucky!

What happened there...did someone get hurt?

Liz

Well... Miss Kentucky trashed her flowers...
laugh.gif
I don't think they should let them run with the flowers on that way - too much could go wrong - did Mike fall down??!! *puzzled* Or who was it... WHERE'S THE BLASTED REWIND??!!
new_shocked.gif

She never really stood up during her examination - always seemed to have the one hind cocked a bit - I'll bet she was scared and it was wise not to push her or set her up - but her quality shines through anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh My! Can we get an instant replay on that! I'm pretty sure there were people on the ground and horses running around with flowers dragging behind them!

I hope nobody (including horses) got hurt!

attwoode said:
Oh My!  Can we get an instant replay on that!  I'm pretty sure there were people on the ground and horses running around with flowers dragging behind them!
I hope nobody (including horses) got hurt!

481361[/snapback]

I don't think so... everyone seemed fine in the end... and she outran her flowers... and looked for the other horses to join up with....
unsure.gif

*still looking for the rewind*

aktion033.gif
What a gorgeous mare..I would hope they don't try the flower thing again. MAybe just put on the flowers like at the Kentucky Derby, then remove and turn loose as in Liberty without the flowers..safer that way.

Loved the Chapaigne toast at the trophy area. A very classy act! Maxine

I thought she got away from them w/the flowers!

I would NOT have let her loose w/those on her. My gosh....I saw someone fall and then they left the ring holding their arm it appeared.

What a gorgeous mare!

Liz M.

new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
Remind me to never bet with you. I don't mind eating Vegan but I really hate tofu.

Littleum said:
Tiffany and I have a bet.
I say Lord of the Rings......then she has to eat tofu.

She says Steel Magnum... then I have to cook lasgna with meat.

481344[/snapback]

I thought she got away from them w/the flowers!I would NOT have let her loose w/those on her. My gosh....I saw someone fall and then they left the ring holding their arm it appeared
Well - letting them go is usually deliberate - but she should NOT have had those scary flowers on... but you were right nootka... apparently when Miss Kentucky ran into the others in the dark in her agitated state, she hit Mike R. 's arm - and I heard it was broken??!
no.gif

tagalong said:
No - letting her go was deliberate - but she should NOT have had those scary flowers on...  but you were right nootka... apparently when Miss Kentucky ran into the others in the dark in her agitated state, she hit Mike R. 's arm - and I heard it was broken??! 
no.gif

481586[/snapback]

If this is all fact, I agree. Letting her go with the flowers on was an extremely BAD DECISION
rolleyes.gif
. I hate to see anyone getting hurt but better human than the filly hurting herself. This could have had a much worse outcome.

I have seen MANY horses freak wearing ribbons and garlands and this is with someone on top of them or leading them. Some horses just don't do ribbon wearing at all. No matter how much they win. If someone is going to turn a horse loose like this they should make sure that it was worked on at home. And yes, people do work on things like that.

Perhaps someone in charge wanted to equal or top the drama of Red Alert's victory lap, wearing his banner, at AMHR Nationals?

I'm so glad Miss Kentucky wasn't hurt, although being frightened is bad enough. This sounds like good intentions gone bad...a case where it sounded good in theory, but reality turned out a bit differently.

Perhaps someone in charge wanted to equal or top the drama of Red Alert's victory lap, wearing his banner, at AMHR Nationals?
Ummmmm... often the AMHA Grand Champion Senior Stallion "accidentally"
wink.gif
has gotten away for a victory lap when he has been crowned - as that was the final - and biggest event - of the National show... before the creation of the Supreme / Champion of Champions award.

I remember Baccara in particular having a grand time out there with his garland ribbon around his neck.... strutting his stuff and showing off...

Miss Kentucky had her large fancy flower garland tied onto her - as I watched that I thought - this is SO not a good idea... and then with the spotlight on and the music blaring she took off. The flowers starting slipping and no doubt panicked her... and in the dark it appears she ran into the other handlers and horses. Thank goodness no one else was injured....
sad.gif

ETA: All this based on what I saw on the webcast - backed up by first-hand accounts from those who were there...

I thought she had gotten loose also. I can hardly believe they would turn a horse loose wearing flowers and in the dark, nonetheless, on purpose!? The poor little thing was so scared with those flowers banging around on her..not to mention they got trashed before pictures.

If that is the tradition to let the horses loose, fine, but I hope they learned from this episode to turn on the lights and hold off on the flowers (which were beautiful, BTW) until after the freetime.

So sorry to hear somebody got hurt... :-(

I thought she was one awesome little filly, as were ALL the contenders. Congrats to all, any one of them could have been the winner in my book!

Shelley

(grateful to have been given the chance to watch from home)

Who owns this filly and where could I find a picture...I would love to see her

Thanks for clarifying that, Tony.

I'm sorry that Mike Rosauer was hurt, but glad that Miss Kentucky was physically unharmed.

I think it's easy to forget how frightening such things as blankets of flowers, spotlights, etc., can be to even a well-behaved, experienced show horse.

My question was one of curiosity, not criticism.

Thanks Tony. Too bad about Mikes arm and glad to know the filly was not hurt.

Latest posts

Back