cell phone plans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaniceZ

Reaction score
I have always had a prepaid cell phone plan, but am thinking about switching to a plan. I am currently with telus, but I am not opposed to switching. I currently get about an hour and a half of calling time and unlimited textmessages, but am finding that i dont have enough time, or i run out in an emergancy since i do mainly longdistance calls.

My question is, when they say a plan is $40 a month, is it actually? If not, how much is added?

Is a contract worth the reduced rate? I am looking at a plan that has everything i want for $40, but it is only available in a 3year plan. I looked at a noncontract plan, also for $40, and I would get half as many features.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks!!

-Janice

Wish I could answer........All I know from our own experience is that if it sounds too great to be true, it means IT IS.
default_unsure.png

We are with Verizon. The plan is more than we were told, but the national coverage is better than the others.

They all keep changing their offers, so it pays to SHOP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my cell phone set up through the business I own and have three lines on it. I don't actually know how close the bill there is to the "advertised" price. However, I have Harvey's set up with the same company (Verizon) and his plan that's supposed to be $39.99 usually costs between $45-$50 / month. He never goes over the minutes, but sometimes I send him texts which would cost a tiny bit. The rest is because of some sorts of taxes. I'm thinking a rule of thumb if you don't go over your minutes (or send lots of texts w/o a text plan), figure maybe 15% or so percent extra due to the taxes.

For me, I have had Verizon for years and like them mostly because they seem to have good service coverage for any place I travel (business). Ironically, the reception at home as in inside my house could be better! But been with them for years. I also like how every 2yrs (actually, every 20 months), you can upgrade your phone in exchange for renewing your contract with them.

I'm going to keep Verizon anyway, but it's good to get a new phone AND it comes in handy. The last time I was at Dulles Airport, I barely had time to clear security before my cell phone was stolen (urgh). I was happy I still have my old cell phone until the new one I ordered arrived.

Good luck,

Jill

I have verizon and I love it....my hubby and I share a plan. It is unlimited internet on both phones, unlimited text and picture messages, free weekends and evenings, we share 700 minutes of prime time (which we have never gone over), also it has mobile hotspot and we are allowed to connect up to 3 wireless devices (there is a limit on the mobile hotspot but I've never gone over). Total cost is $150/month....I know that sounds like alot but I was able to get rid of both my home phones (2 houses), and my satellite internet ($80/month)....everything is on my cell...for instance right now I am on the internet with my desk top through my cell phone, it connects wirelessly and is faster than my satellite internet was. We both surf at home about 45mins/day each and haven't gone over our mobile hotspot limit. I have found verizon to have the best coverage.

I have verizon and I love it....my hubby and I share a plan. It is unlimited internet on both phones, unlimited text and picture messages, free weekends and evenings, we share 700 minutes of prime time (which we have never gone over), also it has mobile hotspot and we are allowed to connect up to 3 wireless devices (there is a limit on the mobile hotspot but I've never gone over). Total cost is $150/month....I know that sounds like alot but I was able to get rid of both my home phones (2 houses), and my satellite internet ($80/month)....everything is on my cell...for instance right now I am on the internet with my desk top through my cell phone, it connects wirelessly and is faster than my satellite internet was. We both surf at home about 45mins/day each and haven't gone over our mobile hotspot limit. I have found verizon to have the best coverage.

Check with Verizon.They have lots of pkg plans.I have my cell phone, house phone and high speed internet on 1 plan.cost is $99 per month but takes and other fees such as maintenence of lines add up to a total of about $130 per month.You can also get Direct TV from them.I have been satisfied with the service I get.

Check with Verizon.They have lots of pkg plans.I have my cell phone, house phone and high speed internet on 1 plan.cost is $99 per month but takes and other fees such as maintenence of lines add up to a total of about $130 per month.You can also get Direct TV from them.I have been satisfied with the service I get.
unfortunately verizon does not offer landline service or highspeed internet at either of my houses...but I do have cell service at both places so it allows me to use the mobile hotspot so it's still not a bad deal since we are using two cell phones.

I have T Mobile. I have 1000 shared mins (5 lines) free t mobile to t mobile, just added unlimited text(an extra $20 month), Nights and weekends free and some stuff I can not remember. My bill is just over $100 a month and you can for $5 a line restrict the number of mins that that phone can use so no surprises. I have been with them for about 10 years now. But, you do have to keep an eye on your bill as there have been some mistakes.

Verizon user here and I wish I knew what the bill was, however, I am on my parents plan....but I know it is reasonable...

Latest posts

Back