CDE in connecticut anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new, sorry above post - used a tablet and no keypad :-(

I have two mini's, which I use for Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. However, I'm going to show the biggest, Skippy, AMHR and also try our hand at Combined driving. I live in CT, a seeming waste land for mini activities as far as I can tell... We've shown at Oneco in open classes and had fun.

I have ridden dressage and have 4 horses currently, my 30 yr old Arab, a 15 yo Arab, and the mini's Tim and Skip, so I am familiar with "big horse stuff".

someone kindly posted regarding CT Valley Driving club, so I am going to check that out!

What else is there in New England! Looking forward to learning more about what people are up to in the New England area, and elsewhere too!

First off, WELCOME!!! And CT is NOT a wasteland for showing minis, well, at least if you don't mind travelling to MA. Show series that I know about in MA that offer divisions for VSEs (minis) include the Westfield Riding Club, Mt Holyoke, and the Western MA horse show series - which may not be a whole series this year. Plus there are at least 2 driving Clubs in CT and one, the CT Valley Driving Club holds a beginner friendly CDE usually in June but I think the date is changed for this year. That will be listed on the American Driving Society website where you can find more shows in New England and nearby NY.. Also, if you have PINTO minis, all the New England Pinto shows, with lots of mini classes, are in Oneco, CT. And the Southern NE series will hold all their shows at Oneco this year, with a division for minis. That does not even include the AMHA and AMHR shows in New England! I find there are so many shows that I end up with conflicts!!!

Where are you in CT?

Check SNECDA (Southern New England Carriage Driving Association) events as well- I believe our first event is an ADT in Berlin, MA in April
default_smile.png
It's a ton of fun- very laid back and full of useful feedback to get the show season off to a great start.

Great, so glad to hear about different things to do. I live in Lisbon, Ct, close to the RI/MASS border - so very close to Oneco! Unfortunately, I don't have pinto minis - a palomino and a silver dapple... BUT, I did show Skippy at the NE paint/pinto show this fall in the open halter and open obstacle and did great! Also Tri-State Horsemen's club has classes for VSE's too, and we did well at their last show of the season - 3rd /13 in open model horse! The young ribbon girls where absolutely enthralled by Skippy - we were one of two mini's there that day - alot of Kodak moments for parents that day!

Latest posts

Back