Cart ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggiemae

Reaction score
Hello all,

Has anyone used a Triple C Smart Cart? Thanks

I have seen them at the Midwest Horse Fair. I have not used one for a mini. I know of a Cadillac cart that was purchased for a big horse. It was built like a tank. That can be good or bad. It was VERY heavy in the shafts and the only way to balance it was to have a person stand on the back end of it. (There was no step for that, you just had to get on and hold on!)

The person that had it also had a saddle that was too narrow on the horse, and so all that weight rested on two spots the size of quarters on either side of the horse's withers. It was not a good scenario. We helped her fix all that.

If the mini carts are built the same way, I would be very skeptical of putting one on my horse. I also think the trailer thing is a bad idea. No mini should have to pull around that much weight, inc. humans. And you know my opinion about putting a pair to a cart...
default_no.gif

Myrna

I have seen them at the Midwest Horse Fair. I have not used one for a mini. I know of a Cadillac cart that was purchased for a big horse. It was built like a tank. That can be good or bad. It was VERY heavy in the shafts and the only way to balance it was to have a person stand on the back end of it. (There was no step for that, you just had to get on and hold on!)
The person that had it also had a saddle that was too narrow on the horse, and so all that weight rested on two spots the size of quarters on either side of the horse's withers. It was not a good scenario. We helped her fix all that.

If the mini carts are built the same way, I would be very skeptical of putting one on my horse. I also think the trailer thing is a bad idea. No mini should have to pull around that much weight, inc. humans. And you know my opinion about putting a pair to a cart...
default_no.gif

Myrna
Thanks - I'll keep looking. I have the harness put together that I want to order (Next week I hope) - just not sure on the cart. Still shopping.

I have a Triple C easy entry cart from MN as my training cart. It is not a bad cart, not the most comfortable over uneven terrain, but then again I don't know of many EE carts that are. It has the two small coil springs under the seat for suspension , which isn't much help. It is built heavier, but I personally like that for training purposes. The seat is adjustable so that you can slide the seat forward or back to balance the cart. For the price they are not too bad, but if you can spend a little more I would definitely try to find one with torsion axles or some other type of better suspension. Your back will thank you.

Back