Cart Size

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhea

Reaction score
I just bought an 11hh pony, and am hoping to train him to drive and compete in driving. Unfortunately, I don't have a pony cart. So I was wondering what is the size difference between a pony cart and a mini cart? We have an amish-made wooden mini cart that is used for my 32" mini, and it would be the ultimate if we could just make some adjustments and use it. Someone told me that it is just different sized shafts and wheels on a pony cart, but I wanted to make sure and find out if it's actually -safely- possible to use it for both?

Thanks guys!

i'd be careful many mini carts are narrower than larger pony/horse sized carts. remember the closer the wheels are together the less stability it has..and with a larger pony or horse your going to have a whole lot more engine power and capability of flipping the cart! i'd compair the width with that of a larger pony/horse cart and you'll obviously need longer and wider shafts and higher wheels if you do use it. Also another thing to think about some of the mini carts i have seen are not as well built as for a big horse...not as much supports ect (taking into account that most minis do not have the power to cause a wreck like a big horse). i'd have it checked over carefully by someone that understands big and small horse driving and see what their thoughts are on it.

Latest posts

Back