cart modification

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH

Reaction score
Found a cart on CL and the shafts are 58 inches long, can they be shortened for mini as I would make this a breaking cart.....it is not an easy entry, price has been dropped and would be able to a clean it up and have a 2nd cart....has anyone ever done this????

Just a thought - but wouldn't shortening the shafts disrupt the balance of the cart?

Does this cart have wooden or metal shafts? In the 'Frontier' and similar "Pipe" EE carts, which have hollow metal shafts, it is possible to shorten them a BIT-say, maybe two-three? inches--on the front end w/o significantly affecting the balance of the cart-remembering that these carts usually have a forward/backward seat adjustment. With wooden shafts, any shortening should be done from the 'back'--meaning you'd likely have to dismantle the cart, at least partly, to do so, and possibly have to redo some bolt holes, etc...a fairly significant undertaking.Having no personal experience, I'm not sure whether/how much shortening the shafts might affect the cart's balance, but I don't think I'd do it unless I did know, before I actually did it!

Good luck,

Margo

Thanks for input, I have decided to pass on this cart due to balance and length of shafts and not needing another project right now....so still looking for good easy entry to use as training cart. Thanks,

Latest posts

Back