Care of your horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[[SIZE=14pt]COLOR=purple]Im am VERY picky so I have Roy (my mini) in at night and on week days in but out for 2 hours (from school). On weekends out all day but I still clean the stall, buckets and feed twice a day.My stall is always spotless!I get rid of the manure pile and every thing!!I even make my own hay!!Its alot of work but I love Roy!!Magic my haflinger filly is boarded just down the road with my neighbours horse but I bring them in at night clean there stalls and the water tub every week. She is less maightnnce cause she is out all night. [/color][/SIZE]

We are down to 6 mini's and currently zero biggies.......around here it is a family affair sort of.......during the week I work and my oldest son is in charge of watering during the week ....I do most of the work on the weekends in the winter it becomes more of a 50-50 split as the frozen waters and lack of daylight make everything tougher.......mine are turned out to full time pasture in the summer ......we are slowly getting our 10 acres fenced and cross fenced...and finally built a barn but no stalls yet......we all built the barn hubby and oldest son did most
wink.gif
they are the fence building and heavy labor guys........in the winter I usually dry lot and feed hay or barn and hay ...I try to make defrosting water as quick and easy as possible..........as for picking stalls..well we haven't had any but when I do have one in I try to stip on weekends if in a small enclosure will pick daily......I also have sheep and during lambing they take over the barn which gets bedded with straw and cleaned every weekend.......

100% Me...I do it all including farrier, fencing what ever along with my other 3 jobs. Margaret answered just what I was going to say!

Latest posts

Back