Canadian (Arabian) Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhea

Reaction score
Well as some know, I went to the Canadian Arab National Championships in late august. I took my Arab/Welsh Cob gelding, Teufelchen. He was a little high strung. He was occaisionally dangerous, occaisionally brilliant, and always himself. I'll say this much, I -never- had to worry about him stopping or running out!

So, after his crazy days which included doing a six stride line in three, and running straight into another horse's backend (thankfully the girl was from our barn and the NICEST person you will ever meet) he pulled it half together for ONE class. It certainly wasn't perfect (he was the only one there without his changes 100%) but the judge apparently loved him and he ended Reserve Canadian Champ. It was a great time, and I got to catch ride for another person in our barn, which was fun.

Oh and as a postnote, after two years we've finally found that he likes mullen mouth bits (we found this AFTER the show, conveniently
default_rolleyes.gif
: ). He's always been a bit hot, but with his new rubber pelham he doesn't fight every time you touch his mouth (Yes, he's had his teeth done by a prof. dentist and has been totally checked by a vet and gets massage and chiropractic) :eek: Before we had the mildest french link we could find, that way he'd pull me around, but he didn't fight too too much unless he decided we were going over a jump. Put anything with leverage and it was game over. He's a bit of a diva.

He's had the last few days off so I go out for a half an hour or so and just hang out with him or we'll go for a bareback tour around the field. He's soooo spoiled lol.
default_wub.png
:

(PS, for the below fence, they were all sent at 3'. Each hole is three inches, so yeah he's a good 6-9inches over it. Of all the pics, this was the closest he got to the fence. We decided that was OK, because we'd rather have him overjumping to amuse himself rather then doing something a little more sinister. And these are the proofs but I have bought the pics and got permission to use them on the internet
default_yes.gif
: )

Teufelproof4.jpg

Teufelproof6.jpg

And my mom took this one, I was still a little miffed that we got the reserve, hence the strange expression on my face!

teufelcannat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congratulations to you and your boy, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!

Latest posts

Back