Can we have Dumb Horse Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naturally when she saw me she started screaming, "Mom! Mom! Save me!" I hopped the gate and sprinted to her side, looked down, and saw that one hoof was through the panel. Not stuck...just through the panel and resting on the ground on the other side.
Similarly ...

Diesel will stretch his front leg up and out ... and stick his leg through the gate ... right up to the chest and proceed to stand there, gazing adoringly at you with this big Mini eyes. The first few times, I went screaming over there and helped him. But each time as I bent down he'd reach through the gate and grab my ponytail -- ouch!

I started ignoring this little get attention scam and Diesel eventually got the message. Enough so that one day he decided that the grass just out of reach was more interesting than standing there waiting to be rescued. So he started to walk over to the grass ... without removing his leg from the gate!! Diesel proceeded to trip himself and fall flat on his nose!!

Poor, dumb horse .. !!
default_laugh.png

default_firstprize.gif
Oh these are so funny.
default_laugh.png

I have to honestly say I can't compete in this show.
default_no.gif
None of mine are that dumb er...talented! LOL
default_aktion033.gif

...And, though Amy may be a bit Dingy...her daughter "Wings" still proves to be as smart as ever!

Hi Guys!

I haven't posted to Lil in probably 10 years...at least 5...but when I saw my girl on here I thought I had better update!

This is Wings now:

wingstrot.JPG

This photo was taken at home, just before she went on to Win Supreme at our last local show...

default_wub.png

Thanks, Summer - it is so nice to see the kids all grown up!! And in such wonderful homes...
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hysterical stories, Marty and Tagalong! Cracked me up royally!

I have one little two year old stallion who could compete in the show. ever since he was a little guy, he did the weirdest things. Like, he'd always walk up to his mother's side and then put his front hooves on her back, and stare at all the other horses from his higher vantage point. One time I had the foals loose in the barn while I was cleaning stalls. I had a long sleeved denim shirt on and got too warm, so I laid it on a bench. The little guy took it off the bench, and somehow or other got his two front feet into the sleeves, and couldn't get them out.

But the dumbest thing he ever did was concerning a big, 17hh Standardbred gelding I had. When the foals were weaned, I kept them in a large dry lot right outside the barn door. When my two big Standardbreds wanted to come up to the barn, I would open the gate to their pasture and put the weanlings in the barn so the big guys could get out of the sun or come get a few treats. The big horses were always great around the little ones, and when the weanlings were in the dry lot the big guys would stand at the gate leading to their pasture and talk with them.

One day I let the big horses in but didn't get the barn gate shut all the way, and this little colt ran into the dry lot and right up to that huge Standardbred and started chewing on his leg! So, wanting to "mutually groom," the big Standardbred started nibbling the neck of the other Standardbred. And there the little colt stood, nibbling away at the big horse's knee! From that day on, that little colt wanted to be with that big horse. So, I'd let him into the dry lot when the big one was in there, and they became best friends. One day, however, the little one was standing behing the Standardbred, who had to relieve his bowels, and right on the head of the little stallion went a gallon of horse manure! I cleaned him off and sent the big horses on their way.

Two days later, they were again in the dry lot and the little stallion went out there, and for some dumb reason he again sidled up close to the rear legs of the Standardbred, and once again, got a poop shower. I brought him into the barn, cleaned him off, and he again bolted for the dry lot and took up position once more under the canon. I thought, "What the heck is it with this little colt? When is he going to figure out that he's going to keep getting dumped on if he continues to stand there?"

About a week later the big horses were again in the dry lot and I kept the little stallion in the barn. I sent the big horses back out to pasture, and let the weanling out into dry lot. And what does he do but go up to a fresh manure pile left by the big horse, his good buddy, and sniffs it, and then suddenly lays down right in it! Just like a danged dog! He rolls onto his back and just basks in the crap!

I nominate Marty. Even though I do believe her little "Angel" is truly a very smart horse with a sense of humor. Her idea being "If I stick my head in this bucket mom will come out and spend lots of time with me". It worked!

Latest posts

Back