Can someone please guess

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
We adopted him about 3 years ago, but I never figured out what kind of dog he was. 8 months after we got him, my mom gave him away because he "destroyed" her alpaca fleece and I never saw him again.

Now that I am moved out, I am considering adopting a puppy in a few months or so, and I wanted to get the same kind of dog.

I said White German Shepard, but if anyone see's any other breeds in there, please let me know. These are the only pictures I have of him from a few years ago.

JamieEverest2.jpg

That was at 3-4 months.

and as a puppy

everest12.jpg

everest7.jpg

everest6.jpg

everest8.jpg

everest5.jpg

Well, there's definitely Shepherd in him. But there's something else there. Not sure what.

Yea.

He was the best dog in the world, and he was all mine. My mom thought he had destroyed enough stuff throughout the house ( even though her puppy now is WAY worse) and gave him away without ever giving me a chance to take him to classes, or work with him more. He was only 8 months when he left.

It's been 3-4 years and I am still heartbroken.

Check www.petfinder.com often enough and I'll bet you'll find a pup like him soon. He's likely a mix of common breeds, like Shepherd and Lab. Whatever breeds you end up thinking he is, research them well. If you opt to purchase from a breeder definitely go through the breed club for referrals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say there is Sheppard in there as well but how much and with what else is anyone's guess. I say research a breed to see what you are looking for (there are some personality quiz's out there that are amazingly accurate) and go from there, or head to a shelter and see what you can find.

When I worked at the vet clinic we had all these "designer" dogs (couldn't call 'em mutts anymore
default_biggrin.png
) and you couldn't believe the difference in many of them. Breed types evolve over years of selective breeding, culling out the "undesirable traits", with the designer dogs it was a crap shoot. Sometimes they got mama's snout or daddy's temperament. All in all what I'm saying is even if you could find an exact duplicate of your dog he wouldn't be your dog.

He reminds me some of one of our dogs, who we think is a lab x chow mix
default_wub.png
Your boy is so cute!!!

Maggie%20--%2012122004%20--%20022.jpg

Maggie%20--%2001102005%20--%20011.jpg

Maggie%20--%2007062006%20--%20011.jpg

You guys could have saved yourselves a load of grief, and safe your new puppy and yourself grief by using a crate! They are great for housetraining, and keeps the puppy from being able to chew up stuff which is a danger to its health as well as to the preservation of stuff.

My puppy is crated any time we aren't able to watch her, and she will go in to it and nap on her own when tired. Her nose gets pretty bent out of shape because my old dog likes her crate too, and she gets so mad if he is in it sleeping.

Very small investment for the peace of mind, and dogs view crates as a safe cave. NEVER use it to punish.

Go to the AKC website, or purina, they have tools that can help you decide what breed of dog would work best. Most shelters have lots of purebred dogs, petfinder has over 20,000 labs listed. I am working with a friend to help him find a lab friend for himself and his semi retired guide dog, and another friend who is looking for a young adult aussie. I also maintain the petfinder page for the Ohio Valley Pembroke Welsh Corgi club.

Save a life, adopt a rescue of whatever breed strikes your fancy.

White shepherd. My sister had one that looked exactly like him, even to he cream on the eartips. He was the love of her life....

Lucy

I think he is a Hienz 57...probably many things in him. He sure was a cutie!

Latest posts

Back