Calling all Europeans -- I am told that - in Ireland

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerocket

Reaction score
:saludando: Calling all Europeans (and anyone else who might know about this) :saludando:

I have been told that in Ireland (at least and maybe other places) many homes have recessed floor mats inside the entrance of their home..

It has been described to me as the following: a hole (like a recessed box) cut in the floor the size of the mat -- and the hole is lined and there is a cleanable mat (at least replaceable) in the recessed spot --- great for entrances of houses -- where mud and water might work their way in on people's feet.

Do you have any idea what I am talking about?
default_smile.png

I have been asked to find pictures (and prices) if possible -- to at a minimum show our farm's (where I work) architect -- so they can modify our floor.

Help if you can -- need words to describe them in search engines on the internet -- or links or whatever.

Appreciate all your help.

JJay

PS looks like these things are called MATWELLS or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
I live here in the states in MA. Several offices I have worked in have had recessed mats inside the front doors.

A recessed area that will hold a mat or a rug.

I don't think that is common? Certainly not to me, maybe in the old farmhouses, often the backdoor entrances were stone floors.

Certainly not at the frontdoor normally.

Unlike New Englanders, can't speak for the rest of America, we use our front entryways :lol: :lol:

I am going to ask my Mum if this is common in country homes and see what she says, if it is I will ask her about it.

In the Netherlands it is rather common for the houses to have them (but, we don't have one because of the stone floor we have). I will see if I can get a hold of a picture...
default_unsure.png
:

Back