California Mini People

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost Horse

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm planning on moving to Southern California from NH this fall. My problem is that I'm having trouble finding a place to board my two miniature horse geldings there. We (my fiance and I) have family in the San Diego area and we would like to stay as close to there as possiable. My boys have no problem sharing a stall, as long as it's big enough for them to move around in.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that board minis. I am willing to work (barn chores, showing, etc) to keep the costs low.

My ideal timeline is to trailer out to AMHR Nationals (even though I'm not showing) and then trailer out to CA once Nationals are over. I am also looking for either a transporter or has two open stalls in their trailer that I can use (I will pay each way, and for my stall at Nationals).

If anyone any advice or places for me to look at pleast let me know. I would like to make arrangements by midsummer to make sure the move goest smoothly, as I will also be moving all of my stuff out as well.

Thank you,

Megan

You can email me at [email protected] instead of posting here.

San Diego is a pretty big place... Can you be more specific as to where, your price range, and how far you'd be willing to go?

Our specific area is Santee/Lakeside, but we're willing to travel up to two hours away from that area. I would prefer to be as close to my boys as possiable, so we would have to find an apartment nearby. For price range, I noticed the going rate is about $250 a month and I'm okay with that. I'm also very willing to work where I board to help lower the cost, I would also prefer a rough board situation since I have no problems feeding and taking care of my own horses.

Hope this helps point me in a better direction.

~Megan

hi I live in Santee and board in Lakeside. Where my boys are is full but there are several horse places right by the lakeside rodeo that I can look into for you. well at least get some names for you. Most of what i have seen is big horses but you never know unless you ask. when I came down here from Merritta finding boarding and a farrier was tough and xpensive but since I have the farrier and a vet that I think are really good. I will see what I can find out for you

check this vet out http://www.eclap.org/ they may have an idea about boarding in east county also.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi I live in Santee and board in Lakeside. Where my boys are is full but there are several horse places right by the lakeside rodeo that I can look into for you. well at least get some names for you. Most of what i have seen is big horses but you never know unless you ask. when I came down here from Merritta finding boarding and a farrier was tough and xpensive but since I have the farrier and a vet that I think are really good. I will see what I can find out for you

check this vet out http://www.eclap.org/ they may have an idea about boarding in east county also.
If you could that would be great! Lakeside is my ideal area due to potential job offers for both my fiance and myself.

Thank you for the link, it's very helpful since trying to find a new vet and farrier will be a challenge. I've used the same vet for about 15 years now, it's going to be a big change, but so worth it
default_smile.png

I sent you an email dont know if you got it or not but so far I have contacted three stables all close to the same area, El Capitan equine boarding they are right next door to the litte t stables. Both will do boarding between 240 and 300 a month. Now also Hartland Ranch they are 300 a month per stall. Stall size with them is 24x 24. All three are listed online. So you can take a look at them.

Hartland ranch phone number is 619-8953164 Ladies name is Pam... I had eft her a message and they had trouble with their land line phone so she gave me her cell. Hope this helps a little.

Back