Building Muscle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I am looking to see what exercises everyone does with their minis over the winter so they are ready for showing come spring. I am not looking to add supplements for muscle, I am wanting to increase muscle through good nutrition and exercise.

My show horses for next year are currently on 13% protein 9% fat pelleted grain, alfalfa pellets, soaked beet pulp pellets, calf manna and oats.

I have been doing free lunging in a large round pen for about 10 minutes a day and have been doing ground work practice but I feel I need to do more work to get the tone I am looking for. All my show horses are over the age of 3 so I have been starting their hunter and jumper training as well.

Thanks yall!

The trainer that had my 2 yr old stallion said that she would "pony" him off of the golf cart for 45 minutes at a trot (I remember her fields & roads being flat). I don't know how she broke it up to condition for that - that was at the end of his training/conditioning period before going to Congress.

This is what he looked like at Congress -

13jul12oly296.jpg

Pro photo in the ring -

13jul11oly12528.jpg

Latest posts

Back