Booker- Sick lil thing back in 2009 & NOW

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Love

Reaction score
I thought I would post some Pic's of Booker, Back in 8-2009 I had posted about him looking for info on how to care for & help him, this site has changed so much since then I had to make a new account?? My old one was gone???

Here is Booker

In the 1st pic he is 3 to 4 months old and this was 3 weeks after he came to us. He was a part of a rescued bunch thet were all in sad sad shape.

He had rain rot like my vet had never seen - worms - very under weight - stuffel lock bad, his mom was not at the farm??? so he lived off of nothing like the rest - the trees were stipped of there bark as far up as they could reach, in the dead of the woods were they was.. no water - no shelter - no food - no care. but i still had to buy him and give him a chance, some had to be on iv's some didnt make it so buying him only put a drop on what it cost to help all of them before they were rehomed. I dont show or any thing, truely pets to us & knowing we help fills our hearts.

He may ring a bell to some of you & some comments back then were harsh, and were only based on his sick sick time pic & then there were a few who tried to smooth over there harsh comments and i rember 1 said i would like to see what he turns out to look like in a few years.

Well here he is now

Pic 1 was 3 weeks after we got him

Pic 2 was before he lost his winter coat this year

Pic 3 is the othe day after we got some rain.. after 2 months of no rain everyone was feeling good

His stuffel lock disapered after eating foal feed for a month

His rain rot was clear up after Betadine baths every other day for a few weeks - Per vet

He did have a huge belly for about 8 months not sure hay belly, sand, worms.. But he was treated for worms & sand out

Now he is a lil over weight so we are cutting his food ( pony & mini Purina )

He may still not be perfect in some eyes BUT he is in ours. Agian he is one our pets

We call him bad Booker, he gets into every thing and is all ways right up your but when trying to do something LOL we love him to death.

3 weeks later\' 009.JPG

chickens & ponies 012.JPG

after the rain 010.JPG

What a nice boy he turned out to be in your hands. Bay roans are so pretty in my eyes! WTG with him!!!

What a nice boy he turned out to be in your hands. Bay roans are so pretty in my eyes! WTG with him!!!

Thank You We dont know what his dam was, there were 2 studs on the farm a blue raon and a medcine cap. His coat keeps changing, last winter was lighter then the one before, My daugher came home from out of state for a few weeks and said what did you do to Booker bleach him? LOL Then again I have a silver dapple ( rescue & I am doing a post on her ) and my daughter says, did she all ways have dots on her? LOL... she's not in to horse like i am.. But my grandsons will know all about them, they a little helpers when they come over, infact they help gain there trust, they take to kids fast... The boy's are never allowed in with them just to be clear, every thing is done from out side the fence and if a butt turns there way they know to get back, & my mini's have never kicked But I want to teach them so they dont come across a horse and think they are as nice as mine & it turn bad. They know to watch there lips to, so they dont get bit, I do have a nipper but they have never been nipped.

My mini's are like my kids now, now that the kids are grown... gota love them

I think hes gorgeous winter wollies n all..hes a lucky boy to have found you..he looks fab now
default_aktion033.gif

Wonderful transformation, he looks great and very happy. Good for you
wub.gif
if only there were more people out there with a heart as big as yours
yes.gif

Thank you , I hope may be this post will help, if you come across a rescue or a horse that has not been cared for - dont just pass them up because of what they look like at the time. Food love & proper care will give you a different horse.. with any animal I have leaned tords ones that were in need, Dogs Birds Horses & for some reason it seems there is a stonger bond with them.. They have had the hard life and for the young thats all they knew, so when a good home comes around with a loving owner - You have for ever change there life/world. You can make a people shy horse in to a people loving horse - it takes time with Dollie it took over a year, there were times when i thought she would never be a people horse, How rong i was... I still cant beleave how she is today.... Booker was all ways a people horse with no mom & he was so sick he could not even walk when we 1st got him, he would just stand there had no life in his eyes.. the bond was there from the start, a day of electro's and he had some bounce to him.. he went from a sick little boy that we had to carry out side to this booken around couldnt catch boy.. and thats were he got his name Booker

Fantastic pictures! Just goes to show what care, time and a LOAD of love can do.
default_yes.gif

Well done to you - he was very lucky that you found him, and yes, you are right - the bonds formed with those that have been ill treated or uncared for, are really special as they start to trust again.

OH God love his little heart! He looks so much better now. Youv'e done a fantastic job on getting him back to health. He looks great. More importantly he looks so happy. Just goes to show a little love and care can go along way, not to mention determination. Great Job!
default_aktion033.gif

Back