Bonny making big changes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh DARN she hasn't had it YET
default_no.gif
I couldn't wait to finish my barn chores so I could get in here and check to see.... AND still nothing. Well tell that maiden to hurry things along.... Hee, hee!!!!! Holly will you EVER get any rest?

Well she is still preggers.

She isnt eating much hay and she is laying down and resting a lot, hopefully for a big night.LOL

Her udder is bigger than yesterday.

I think youve got a few weeks yet... good luck. Bet you will be glad when this is over!

Come on Bonny, prove me wrong!

Lyn
default_saludando.gif

Hi Lyn!

Yes I will be so glad when this foal watch is over! Then no more foals for me for a very long time! I have my hands full with Bonny Molly Brock and Bonnys baby.

Come June/July will be looking for baby goats again though.

Bonny's udder is still going up, slightly more each time. At least now she is eating hay, and not sleeping the whole day.

Its just so hard knowing she *could* go at anytime. Foal watch is exciting and very tiring!
default_wink.png

Bonnys udder is still pretty big and today she has had her tail out and to the side a lot. Her vulva is very swollen in the center.

You can see how swollen it is if you look inside.

3-15-09-930am006.jpg

3-15-09-930am021.jpg

3-15-09-130pm030.jpg

She looks like she is really getting ready, but her nipples look like they have not popped yet. Hopefully they will before the foal is born. It will make it easier for the foal to latch on.

Hope she has it soon and you have a beautiful healthy foal.

Holy Cow Holly, this is the night. She can't be that swollen and elongated in the vulva and NOT go. I'm saying tonight FOR SURE.

Good luck, I'm sending easy foaling vibes your way.

amanda huybers

weerunner

No sleep for you tonight!! LOL. I sure cannot wait to see this foal!!! Miss Bonny has kept us all in suspense WAY too long!!! Best wishes for a safe and happy foaling.

Holy Cow! Yall think tonight!!!!??? I am so excited! That encouragement alone will keep me up watching!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

I have a mare that is 285 days that has an udder that is pretty much identical to your gal:

st3.png

Teats are not filled out and I think she could still "fill" a bit more.. Can get some liquid, just a few drops that are sticky as they dry.. This is her second foal for us, third total.. She's not following what she did in 2007 with her colt so keeping an eye on her.. She went 333 days with her colt.. She could be like her dam who carries her colts for 320-330 days while the fillies she barely goes over 300, her first foal for us was a filly in 2007 that was born aroun 310-315 days roughly (didn't have exact breeding dates)

Thanks everyone!

Bonnys swelling has subsided a bit but now she is holding her tail way out, not to the side. The last few days she hasnt eaten much but tonight she wolfed down her feed. Her udder is about the same.

She is still swishing her tail, but mostly just holding it way out. She also has some dried blood stuff at the outside of her vulva.?

In the pics you can see the bit of blood

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/S...09-730pm022.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/S...09-730pm008.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/S...09-730pm012.jpg

Not Yet.

Last night she swelled in her udder teats pointing completely down bag seemed tight. This am she is down a bit and still very pregnant. LOL

At least we have sunshine today for the first time in almost a week.

She is out grazing and seems content.

default_wacko.png

Soon. lol

Thats my Paint mares foal.
default_smile.png

She was bred last Feb, I sold her over the summer, with rights to the foal. He is very young, about 3 months.

I had to get him early as the people were not properly taking care of the mare, she almost died, colic from worms of all things. They had moved her to a small paddock that was very muddy and no grass, low quality hay,and lack of proper fencing. So before he got sick we went and got him.

He is doing very well, he has been home about a month now and he drinks 3 quarts of fresh goats milk a day. He eats his foal feed and has a special supplement.

He loves his grass and new friends and Bonny has taught him horse manners. He runs with Molly.

3-16-09-200pm007.jpg

3-06-09am010.jpg

3-06-09am009.jpg

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/S...-06-09am013.flv

Way to go!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
He is adorable. I raised my Appaloosa/Thoroughbred filly when her mom passed away when she was 14 days old...You're doing a great job with him!!!
default_yes.gif

Thanks he is a wonderful little fella!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back