Blending.???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie.C

Reaction score
Hi all,

How exactly do you blend.? I've read quiet a few topics re clipping faces ect and it blend this and blend that, can someone actually explain how to blend please.

Thanks
default_smile.png

LOL I dont have a clue and therefore am also waiting on the informative responses....
default_whistling.gif

Someone on here has a great diagram and I can't remember who it is.

All I do to blend anywhere is use different blade sizes and kinda taper from one size into the other so it flows, if that makes any sense. I usually use one size for the face so no blending there for me anyhow.

I would also like to know how to blend. My dad thought you blended bridle paths into the coat, turns out you can't LOL it looked pretty bad but at least he tried ;)

Stars has a great article on blending and clipping the face. http://www.starsminiatures.com/clippingchart.html

When I blend I usually use the closer cut blade and gently clip the area I want to blend. I try to take off as little as possible..you can always take off more if you need to. Sometimes I will use a blade that will blend 2 different areas better such as if I were to body clip with a 15 and clip the bridle path with a 40 I would use a 30 on the sides so it blends.

Experiment with different blades and see what works best with your horse.

Thanks guys when blending is it just clipping the face different lengths.? How do you get them to not look obvious

There is a diagram I think here on Lil Beginnings. Basically I clip with a 40 or 50 blade around the muzzle and the face is mostly done with a 30 or 15 depending on how much white that horse has. But I'll take a blade that the next size some where in the middle, like say I clip the muzzle with a 50 and the head with a 30, I'll take a 40 blade and I will clip with the hair, so you cutting towards the muzzle instead of clipping up towards the eyes, otherwise you will get that choppy look. The same way with the bridle path just go with the hair instead against it like you normally do.

Latest posts

Back