Black Gum's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Hooves

Reaction score
I have a question? How many of you have ever seen, had, or heard of horse's (mini or standard) having black/coal black gum's???? I would like to hear about them if anyone has.

You see it a lot on pinto horses
default_smile.png

My stallion' tongue is half black, when he yawns it looks like he has been eating dirt

Thanks for your replies!!! I have a black/blue roan stallion 5 year's of age that has black as coal gum's, which really makes his teeth look pearly white. I had never seen anything like this in my 45+ year's of owning/raising horse's. I have had several black horse's during this time and have a solid black Quarter Horse now that has pretty pink gum's. So I was quit puzzled when I seen this back when I bought him in 2008.

This year is his first foal crop & he produced a black? colt and a black/white pinto filly. The black? colt has black gum's just like his sire, while the filly had pink as pink could be gum's. Again I had never seen or heard of anything like this so was wondering if any of you had.

Does anyone know what actually cause's this (the gum's to be black)?

Thanks again!!!!

Latest posts

Back