BIRTH - from the size of the belly - looks imminent !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny

Reaction score
brindle03-1.jpg

brindle02-1.jpg

brindle01-1.jpg

OMG ! Look at this belly. How on earth do I get rid of it? I only allow a couple hours am and a couple of hours pm as it is and just look at the size of it ! And please don't tell me I have to jog it off in this heat hahahahhaa
default_biggrin.png

default_laugh.png
default_new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Most horses when grazing suck air. If you pulled him off grazing altogether, within 24-48 hours that belly should be gone. Big bellies are not indicative of fat horses, but fat/flat backs, soft spongy shoulders, wrinkles on the neck are. He does look healthy - but his belly looks bloated in appearance.

Good luck,

Beth

Either restrict grazing further or live with it. I have a couple that seem to always have a belly, regardless of what I feed, so I just live with it (I don't show, so who cares).

Thanks guys,

It's amazing how little they need to "thrive" lol. Guess even less than he's getting is the answer.

Oh I have a great idea to help him run it off...My cattle dog loves to chase them and he doesn't care for her so...tomorrow I'm not feeding my ACD all day then the next day I'll duct tape a rack of ribs to his tail. I'm thinking she'll run him for at least an hour.

(and because I KNOW there's bound to be someone who thinks I'm serious...JUST KIDDING hahaha)

Yep you had me for sure! I just caught the last of what you wrote as I was going to advise you against teaching your dog to chase your horses. That could have fatal endings.

default_smile.png
Good girl........

Yep you had me for sure! I just caught the last of what you wrote as I was going to advise you against teaching your dog to chase your horses. That could have fatal endings.

default_smile.png
Good girl........
*smirk*
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back