Best Show Products?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDMminis

Reaction score
I was wondering what everybody used as far as show products. I know everybody uses pepi
default_laugh.png
, but I wanted to know what you use as far as coat conditioners, shampoo's, mane and tail products. Do you do anything to there coat before you enter the ring? Why do you use so and so products? What kind of results do you get? Thanks
default_saludando.gif

Ultra brand hoof polish is the best, i have both black and clear. Ultra brand Hoof Polish Enhance is also good, you spray it on over the polish and it ads a nice shiny dirt and dust resistant coat. Double K Clippers with the hoof sander works great.

Shampoo's...i like suave brand human shampoo and conditioner...i make sure to use a brand that will not dry out their coats. I like Satan Sheen for their bodys after bathing and Lazor sheen. World Champion Face Black is a nice product and clear too. Of course, good ol' world champion pepi.

Oh...i dont know if this is new or not..but at nationals we seen people spraying this clear oil like spray on these horses out of a clear ultra bottle w/ a spray nozzle...we went looking for some and found some at nationals and tried it out...pretty nice non oily product to spray on their muzzles and body...really shiny but not oily on your hands. The spray nozzle that comes withit doesnt work well though..comes out in more of a stream then a mist.

Ultra brand hoof polish is the best, i have both black and clear. Ultra brand Hoof Polish Enhance is also good, you spray it on over the polish and it ads a nice shiny dirt and dust resistant coat. Double K Clippers with the hoof sander works great.
Shampoo's...i like suave brand human shampoo and conditioner...i make sure to use a brand that will not dry out their coats. I like Satan Sheen for their bodys after bathing and Lazor sheen. World Champion Face Black is a nice product and clear too. Of course, good ol' world champion pepi.

Oh...i dont know if this is new or not..but at nationals we seen people spraying this clear oil like spray on these horses out of a clear ultra bottle w/ a spray nozzle...we went looking for some and found some at nationals and tried it out...pretty nice non oily product to spray on their muzzles and body...really shiny but not oily on your hands. The spray nozzle that comes withit doesnt work well though..comes out in more of a stream then a mist.
Never heard of using suave, Interesting lol. I normally use Rio-Vista on my big horses, mostly because my filly had been treated with a hair loss problem on her hind. So I used the Ravising red to bring back her coat coloring over the treated area. But I haven't heard much if any talk of that brand with the miniatures? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have black and white mini's so I LOVE, LOVE "Shine in/Yellow Out" by Cowboy Magic. It's thick and goes a long way's rinses out clean doesn't take forever to get out of them. I bought 2 bottles first part of the show season and still working on the first 16 oz's. Love it, Love it.

Thanks for the tip on the Ultra hoof polish I can't stand what I've been using so I'll switch. TJ

I have black and white mini's so I LOVE, LOVE "Shine in/Yellow Out" by Cowboy Magic. It's thick and goes a long way's rinses out clean doesn't take forever to get out of them. I bought 2 bottles first part of the show season and still working on the first 16 oz's. Love it, Love it.
Thanks for the tip on the Ultra hoof polish I can't stand what I've been using so I'll switch. TJ
Never heard of the Shine In/Yellow Out product, but I do know Cowboy Magic has several stain removal shampoo's
default_smile.png

You can get it at a lot of places on line, but valleyvet.com carries it and so does sstack.com also carries it and I think it's cheaper there. TJ

The best shampoos I have used are the Equine Care Series Oster shampoo, they smell really nice. They have different shampoos for the darks and lights, deep cleaning, sensitive skin, and a good all-around shampoo, plus conditioner.

Show sheen and detangler spray if needed by Jeffers.

Ultra hoof polish fan here too. Also make sure to get the enhancer spray, it defintelly gives it the finial touch.

The best shampoos I have used are the Equine Care Series Oster shampoo, they smell really nice. They have different shampoos for the darks and lights, deep cleaning, sensitive skin, and a good all-around shampoo, plus conditioner.
Show sheen and detangler spray if needed by Jeffers.

Ultra hoof polish fan here too. Also make sure to get the enhancer spray, it defintelly gives it the finial touch.
Hmm i might check In to the Oster, and love to be able to choose a shampoo by his coloring, as for me it seems to bring out there natural shine better.
default_smile.png
I'll check these products out. thanks

Hooflex works really well on coats and getting nice dapples even though it's mainly recognized as a hoof supplement. For their manes and forelocks for showing, Moisture Max looks good and it's not really greasy.

For shampoo I use Ultra and it makes them REALLY clean!

I use Main and Tail shine on, detangeler and conditioner.

My favorite shampoo is the quicksilver brand- color, silver, black etc.- they are all great!!

Latest posts

Back