Best place to live if you are in the Horse Business

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where i would head for now. For years I wanted to move to Montana, Wyoming or Dakotas to raise cattle. I don't mind winter. Hate really hot humid weather, mostly from working outside either farming or construction all the time. Have been to about 30 states and there are ares in most that I could live in aside from heat.

So I guess all I would be looking for is a nice area with plenty of farm ground, in or near mountains, some winter ok, summer high temps about 75, oh and ample rain no desert. Oh also have to be on this planet. LOL

Anyone know this place on earth let me know!

Mark

So I guess all I would be looking for is a nice area with plenty of farm ground, in or near mountains, some winter ok, summer high temps about 75, oh and ample rain no desert. Oh also have to be on this planet. LOL

Mark

Well when you do find it let me in on it too!
default_yes.gif
"Cept I'm putting in an order of more flat land and deserty type terrain.

Not sure where i would head for now. For years I wanted to move to Montana, Wyoming or Dakotas to raise cattle. I don't mind winter. Hate really hot humid weather, mostly from working outside either farming or construction all the time. Have been to about 30 states and there are ares in most that I could live in aside from heat. So I guess all I would be looking for is a nice area with plenty of farm ground, in or near mountains, some winter ok, summer high temps about 75, oh and ample rain no desert. Oh also have to be on this planet. LOL

Mark
haha okay well these are really great places to raise cattle BUT i'm just telling you right now that you may not mind winter now but when you have to do chores when it 45 degrees BELOW ZERO...well...let's just say you may change your mind pretty quick!! :DOH! And as if 8 months of winter aren't enough we have to have extremely hot and humid summers. This summer was a DISASTER. Planting season came along and it rained and rained and rained and ruined crop after crop. Farmers replanted and it rained and rained and rained and ruined more crops. Then it didn't rain for the rest of the summer and what was left dried out. Whoo hoo!! I must say that Wyoming is probably one of the prettiest places to visit and would be my number one pick for a farm if they didn't have those winters! I definitely moving south when i can
default_yes.gif

Georgine, Tennessee is the "poor" verison of Kentucky in my opinon. It's basically the same terrain, same gorgeous views, just warmer here with less cold and snow, which does vary according to what part you are in. The people are just the same, good down home kind fok. The only difference I can see is the property prices here are much lower from the same type of property in Kentucky. That's why we are here and all our relatives are in Kentucky! Cuz we're the poor relatives I guess
default_biggrin.png
And frankly my dear, I don't giveadam
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
(I've always wanted to say that)
default_biggrin.png

Actually we tried to move there several times to be closer to family, but we simply could not afford to have there what we have here. The prices are pretty high in comparrison. This is a nice place to be I think.

OHMT we can get pretty cold here -20-30 some times Think -35 is coldest we have had. Not fun no matter where you are at that temp. Certainly not for everyone thats for sure. I still get realestate ads for that whole region all the time have to say not many of them have what I would be looking for. Being 40 miles from town might be fine running cattle on range but now with the minis as well that would certainly be more of a challenge to market them.

Mark

I am down to Oklahoma, Tennesee, Kentucky, and that place that Mark is trying to find, as my first choices
default_yes.gif

I live in central ky, and have all my life. I love Ky , and you dont have to travel very far for any horse event. That is for sure. The best vet clinics, horse shows, horse park, harness track, thoroughbred tracks, and might even be getting a quarter horse track. S aying that, I think east Tennessee is the prettiest area I have EVER been to. If I werent so attached to my family, I would move there in a minute.

Land is high here, BUT you can find some real deals if you arent set on a particular road, etc. and can go to any area in the state.

I am down to Oklahoma, Tennesee, Kentucky, and that place that Mark is trying to find, as my first choices
If you are down to those 3..... I vote 100% for [SIZE=12pt]Tennesse!!! [/SIZE]

I grew-up a little north of Nashville. I Loved it! Beautiful Country! Georgous Hills!

[SIZE=12pt] IF[/SIZE] I were to go back.... I would most likely look in the Cookville area...... even More Beautiful! (or maybe southeast of there.... more towards the mountains in that direction)

But........ that said..... I have been in central Texas for the past 25 years.

I would Not live Anywhere else, except...... Here..... deep in the heart of Texas!!!
default_biggrin.png

-Becky

Thanks for the Cookville information.

I forgot about Nashville, and we love Country music and also have been to Nashville, many years ago.

Latest posts

Back