Best place to buy nylon halters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctgponies

Reaction score
We seem to have lots of halters but not many that fit the minis well. The mini halters are too small, some of the others are too big. We have a 34" mini and 32" mini.

Any suggestions on where I can get a well fitting halter? We don't leave halters on and only really use them for training.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the halters I've gotten from Kay Jay Tack (link). They come in a huge number of colors, have great customer service, and can't beat the prices
default_yes.gif

www.supremeequinedesign.com

Good quality Hamilton halters, you can get adjustable or non.

Jan

I can get the Hamilton halters from my local feed store... and right now all of my ponies are in them. I have the ones with the adjustable chins. They fit really well and they LAST even through lots of bathing (and my ponies dragging them into the stalls and trampling them in the dirt while they play with them). AND they come in great colors!

Andrea

Hi, my vote goes for KayJay tack. They are fantastic, fit well - you can have adjustable nose pieces or non-adjustable. The service is outstanding!!! I can't say enough good things.

Sandra

Question form Kayjay what size would a 33" mini be? What size would a yearling cotl form two 33" minis be next year year semi refined
default_yes.gif
Need 3 purples with leads
default_wub.png

If you email KayJay with the measurements I am sure they will be able to help fit your mini's better, even two mini's the same size could have a different head size.

I emailed them when I had a question on size and they got right back to me.

They are were easy to work with.

I have mostly gone to rope halters now since I only use the halters for training and when the blacksmith comes, its easier to have a medium sized rope halter then I don't have to dig to find the right size for each one when she comes to do feet.

Good Luck

Jan

I also get my halters from KayJay they fit great and the price is wonderful. I have a purple one and it is a beautiful purple!! I buy the adjustable ones. For a 33" I use a size large but my horses don't have refined heads. Hope that helps!!

www.supremeequinedesign.com

Good quality Hamilton halters, you can get adjustable or non.

Jan
My picks all the way around and not just because my last name is Hamilton.

We are also happy repeat customers of JayKay. Our mature AMHA minis fit the Large size halters and our full ASPC ponies fit the X-Large. For the price, she just can't be beat.

MA

I know you said you wanted a web halter. But you also mentioned training. I just ordered a rope halter from www.thesticklady.net. She makes really nice quality ones. Hers are as nice as if not nicer that my parelli ones. What is nice is you send her your measurements and they are custom sized.

I get my halters from Georgetta Miears, Royal M Miniatures in Tuttle OK. She always has a great supply and sizes from weanling, x-small to x-large and it lots of different colors. Send me a PM if anyone whats to get in contact with her as I don't feel comfortable giving out her phone number here as she is not a forum member.

Latest posts

Back