Best harness bags/hard totes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scr

Reaction score
I just bought a very nice (but used) show harness and I want to take good care of it and make sure that it is safe when I transport it. What advice can folks give on harness bags or the hard cases? I have a fleece lined, hanging harness bag from Ozark but I wasn't sure if I should consider something else for the show harness.

Polly

I have the soft hanging bags for my harnesses and love them -- they don't scruff them up and are easy to pack and to hang up.

JJ

place in pillow cases and put them in a rubbermaid tote... not fancy but functional

We use the fleeze lined harness bags and have a halter bag that holds 12 halters and leads. Wouldn't live without them they have the snaps for each item you put in so there's never a problem just wish the bags would be a half foot longer so that the driving whips wouldn't stick out on top. A horse stomped all over one of the harness bags in the trailer last year and we just picked it up wiped it off and no damage to anything.

For most of my harnesses, I use quilted "big horse" bridle bags. They were very well.

For my Lutke, I have a really nice and big zip on the sides harness bag that I think I purchased from Estate Tack. It (like my "bridle" bags) is purple and it has soft fleece lining.

smile.gif

I have the quilted lined harness bags and one sheepskin lined one. Linda B

aktion033.gif

We use the hard harness cases from Ozark that are lined, they run around $50.00, you can stack them and not worry about the damages done to the harness if you have limited tack space.

Have never used a soft harness bag, would like to try one(would also like a harness rack, custom, installed in my tackroom for free!!
wink.gif
).

We use hard tubs--storage type I guess? Anyway, big enough to fit the whole harness comfortably(reins at bottom, then breastcollar/traces, then saddle/girth/breeching, then bridle if open). If the bridle is not open(blinders), it gets hung up on the wall on the hangers--that way the blinders don't get smushed or tweaked. You can literally throw the tubs in the horsetrailer, hold them sideways, whatever, not a problem for the harness. On the show harness I pad it with rags on top and bottom.

Suitcases work too.

If you are pressed for space or like stacked stuff, go with the hard cases, otherwise, use the soft one....doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Back