BB's Foaling Thread FILLY!!! NEW Pics FINALLY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A week or two??
default_new_shocked.gif
default_thud.gif
That just isn't acceptable
default_xbud.gif
we demand pics sooner
default_yes.gif

I use ivermectin on my mares about 12 hours after foaling and I think that is what most or the others use too. now go get your camera.
default_please.gif

LOL okay I will try, sorry been SO busy. She is SO cute and has the best markings, only pinto on one side, so you see one side think dun with socks then she turns and nope, dun pinto hahaha.

Regarding worming, sorry we should probably have told you before. Usually a mare gets wormed a month before her due date (approx 30 days) then most of us will worm with an ivermectin wormer within 12 hours of foaling. As you have missed this possibility I think you will have to wait a couple of weeks or so - I have just used Equimax on all my minis and their info leaflet states that it is safe for foals over two weeks of age, so I would think you could safely give this to BB without upseting baby - not suggesting you give it to the foal (foals need worming on a monthly basis from around 4 to 6 weeks of age until weaning or later depending upon circumstances.

You do know not to use Quest or Zimectin Gold on minis dont you? Keep it simple and safe (read the info in the worming packet).

And yes - get out there at once with your camera!!

Hey everyone, I finally got some pictures today of our filly. She is three weeks old and her legs are doing great. SHE IS FULL OF FIRE my gosh she is a pistol. We went through a few names with her but none of them worked but I am proud to welcome, "Tequila with a Splash of Hot Chili" aka Chili. She is a gorgeous girl, can't wait to show her. She is for sure a red dun, minimum tobiano and may also carry roan, we will see as she sheds.
default_smile.png

_DSC2492.jpg

_DSC2551.jpg

_DSC2571.jpg

_DSC2601.jpg

_DSC2700.jpg

_DSC2661.jpg

_DSC2687.jpg

_DSC2606.jpg

_DSC2676.jpg

Oh My Lord, She is just so darn cute! She looks like a toy
default_smile.png
Congratulations again and thanks for sharing the pics
default_yes.gif

Oh what a perfect pocket poppet!! She's gorgeous - thanks for the update and the pics.
default_thumbup.gif

What a beautiful face that baby has! We have a red dun filly that was the same color as your little one as a baby. Her mature pictures are on our 'Mares' page on our web site. Reflections Anticipation. (aka Annie) She has a strong dorsal stripe and webbing on the face when not clipped. Clipping makes some of the characteristics hard to see.

It will be fun to watch your little girl's color as she grows up.

What a beautiful face that baby has! We have a red dun filly that was the same color as your little one as a baby. Her mature pictures are on our 'Mares' page on our web site. Reflections Anticipation. (aka Annie) She has a strong dorsal stripe and webbing on the face when not clipped. Clipping makes some of the characteristics hard to see.

It will be fun to watch your little girl's color as she grows up.
Thanks everyone. She really is a gorgeous girl, these photos do not do her justice. They make her look kind of squatty or something, she is actually really tall, leggy and refined with that cute head. She does have a gorgeous head, she gets that from her daddy, he is known for throwing that babydoll head on all of his foals. As far as her coloring, she was exactly what I was hoping for...well as far as the dun gene goes, I wanted dun on any base. Yes, clipping and roaning both will fade the dun factor. Charlotte, I have actually seen your filly on your site before, I have probably seen about every dun out there you can find lol, I am a dun freak! My stud colt is a grulla roan and though he is very rare and gorgeous, I am secretly hoping that Chili did NOT get her Mom's roan gene as I would prefer she didn't have it, I want her dun factor to be visible year round lol...selfish of me I know. Hehe.

Oh my! She's adorable! Just love her beautiful head!! And her color, too! Congratulations!

Back