BB's Foaling Thread FILLY!!! NEW Pics FINALLY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is stunning, so gorgeous. He is very HOT though so undergoing some intense training. MOST gorgeous babydoll head I have seen on a mini in a long time, it is so gorgeous. Then I just have my little BB mare and then a MFT filly. I will have to post some pics sometimes. He also has some awesome genetics. He is DNA tested to be homo black and a frame overo and one dun gene...plus I quickly realized his first shed he had roan too, I can not find another grull roan mini stud in all my searchings.
default_smile.png

Okay so here is my grulla roan, he is turning 2 this April. He is homozygous black, heterozygous roan, heterozygous dun and LWO +. He has the most gorgeous blue eyes. These were his yearling shed pics and they don't do him justice, after he shed we realized he was a little thin and then he started getting off and we realized he had an ulcer. These photos also do not do his head justice, it is SO petite even still, it is just stunning. Then of course BB. And then my 2 yr old MFT filly, these photos don't do her justice at all. She is heterozygous black, and has one cream and one dun gene. Dun is super rare in the MFT breed. But her dun factor is SO light from her cream gene but she is still stunning and has an AWESOME mane with 5 inch length frosting. Anyhow, Quest is HOT, BB is awesome, so good with my kids and my MFT, her name is Winter, wow, she is SO sweet and SO smart. Hoping for a dun filly from BB, grulla or bay dun but would take any shade, duns are my favorite.
default_smile.png

_DSC0485 copy.jpg

_DSC0523 copy.jpg

Tequila5.JPG

dsc_0184.jpg

dsc_0574.jpg

You have some gorgeous horses and love your boys blue eyes.

I must say I do like the Duns too and Slaney my pally has a dorsal plus I think she has sooty (her mother was a red dun) but slaney never seemed to produce an obvious dun will Buck who even though a double dilute had a very distinct face mask and dorsal. That is not obvious now but he is been tested and I should have the results in a couple of wks. But I believe it will be positive.

Very exciting that she is creeping closer and hooray she is cough free

Liz your horses are all gorgeous and I love their colours
default_wub.png
How is BB today?

Thanks Eagle, she is making me NUTS! I am so tired lol, her milk is still very sticky and tests as HIGH as it can on calcium but her pH keeps going UP not down bah!

Hey, I have a question about discharge...it always seems to be something that everyone freaks out about...my mare has had some for the past few days and even some when I first bought her a month or so ago. It is usually a little bloody and dry at the bottom of her vulva. Now, my goats have discharge during their pregnancy, a slight bloody show, especially towards the end of their term, and I had it through both of my pregnancies and my doctors were never concerned. Being so far at the end of her pregnancy, should I be worried, she JUST did a round of antibiotics...so I can't imagine it is infection...it could be her mucous plug though I haven't seen any "large" chunk or anything... Doesn't smell...

Last edited by a moderator:
How long can it go on? I have seen it off and on for about a week...

Hey, I have a question about discharge...it always seems to be something that everyone freaks out about...my mare has had some for the past few days and even some when I first bought her a month or so ago. It is usually a little bloody and dry at the bottom of her vulva. Now, my goats have discharge during their pregnancy, a slight bloody show, especially towards the end of their term, and I had it through both of my pregnancies and my doctors were never concerned. Being so far at the end of her pregnancy, should I be worried, she JUST did a round of antibiotics...so I can't imagine it is infection...it could be her mucous plug though I haven't seen any "large" chunk or anything... Doesn't smell...
One year one of my maiden mares went ten days after losing her mucous plug.

Sorry Liz, I can't help you. As Diane says perhaps you could call your vet on Monday and ask what he thinks. A week does seem a long time and also if she had it when you bought her too it would concern me. The good thing is if she does have an infection the meds she took should have helped.

It is Sunday morning here so I am busy with the kids but I can probably help you out tomorrow night so you can get some sleep.
default_smile.png

Okay so here are pics of what I am talking about, any of you other ladies see this sometimes when taking a peek under the tail? The photo where her bum still has lots of red hair was from a month ago, and you can see some discharge. The pic with the whiter hair is from today, the white looking stuff is new, only have seen that yesterday and today. It isn't every day but I have noticed it more the past week. Anyone know what discharge from infection looks like? We are at supposed day 345 with this girl. She was hyper today, trotting all over throwing her head, still eating like a pig, hard apple poohs. Her bag has been the same for a few days, hard and full looking, only could get liquid about the last four days and it is still a light amber color and fairly sticky, still tests HIGHEST it can go on calcium within seconds and still in the mid 7 range on pH...I wish she would just go so I could quit worrying.

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4393 copy.jpg

I hope someone here can help you, perhaps you could ask Liz of Lady K or Jenny of Lucky Lodge cos they had problems with placentitis and discharge.

Might be tonight! Went to check on her this eve and her pH was FINALLY down and calcium is all the way up, she was also VERY cranky to me and yawning, pawing, rolling and swishing. It was a brief episode but very dramatic and out of ordinary for her so on EXTRA alert. And of course it has to be COLD and trying to snow bah!

default_thumbup.gif
Good luck! Praying for a safe and healthy foaling!

good luck with foaling!! how low was her PH? I'm always interested to see how low the mare goes before foaling. with my mini Suzie she was off the scale!! and foaled 3 hours later! such a good girl LOL

I am happy to watch for you if you like Liz, this is my email [email protected]

if you wanted to take a rest I will be around, will be heading to the bank shortly but otherwise will be here for the afternoon
default_smile.png

Sounds like it won't be long now
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
The kids are back to school this morning Liz so if you need a rest for a few hours just let me know.

WOW! SHE is here. And what a ride...? Not a fun one. IT WAS A RED BAG! I was alone, I could NOT get her out...luckily I board where the barn owner just happens to be an old dairy hand and has had to pull calves MANY times, I called him he was there in seconds flat and we got her out enough to get the sack off of her face. I could get her legs down but I could not get more, I am literally SO sore in my shoulders and arms from trying. I feel kind of like I failed...gah! IT WAS SCARY! I litterally got to the barn with SECONDS to spare, she started pushing only a few minutes after I pulled in. I only knew she would be close as her pH finally dropped and she was rubbing her BUTT for 15 minutes STRAIGHT no joke so I rushed out and yes, she was on her way. Okay, I wish I could say I was the hero...but I have to tip my hat to Mike Larsen for his help. Right place, right time, right people or this girl would not be here. She is GORGEOUS, long legs, dished head and no, I didn't get my grulla but you can't have everything. She is still perfect and is a RED DUN TOBIANO YAY!!! Thanks to God, friends and a little intuition on this one. Will post pics tomorrow...I am wiped, too many stressors tonight...oh yeah did I mention she chose to do this during a big SNOW STORM! Gah... Thanks for all of the help and prayers everyone, it meant so much. So xoxoxoxox to all of you. Vet will be out tomorrow to make sure all is well. I will keep you posted.

Any news/updates?? Keeping my fingers crossed that all is well!

Latest posts

Back