BB's Foaling Thread FILLY!!! NEW Pics FINALLY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I agree! She looks very close!! Keep a close eye on her and I hope she gets better!

Right now her "little miss" and belly from behind still look exactly like my very first pics, I have been comparing pics daily, her rear has been soft and puffy and long for weeks...I don't feel like her belly has dropped or changed the only dif I have seen is in her bag...and unfortunately her attitude is different but her symptoms can be that of being ready to deliver OR having an illness...bah! I am going to TRY and get a milk test on her today, I watch her like a hawk, she is on cam and I watch it all day and all night plus I am at the barn 2-3 times a day right now and LOTS of others too watching her at the barn. By the way, my name is Liz lol...I need to chage my forum name, that was never suppose to be it but it is a long story lol.

Those foal can drop into position very quickly especially once everything else is in place.

I tooks some new pics today, her bag is even fuller than yesterday and her little miss is pretty much hanging open... I don't think it will be long. Will post the new pics soon.

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Hurry up with the pics
default_biggrin.png

Okay, here are the pics lol. The one of her bag, was from this morning, it was SO full...I tried to express some milk with NO luck, so she actually isn't as full as she was before the pic because she was crabby about it and sucked it up some...but I put a thumbnail of yesterdays pic and you can still see it has changed, it is almost straight across from teat to teat today and yesterday she had more of a peak between the two. Her belly from side and back looks the same to me as the first photos on her thread, her bum is very lose, you can see how the lip on one side is hanging out, in fact, you can't tell in the pic but it was almost folding over the other side. Inside is not scarlet but it is darker than her usual very light, almost white-pink color.

IMG_4330 copy.jpg

IMG_4333 copy.jpg

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4345 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow she looks like she will drop any minute now. Mares with rhino often have red bag births so be prepared for that, it is important that cut the sac if it is red and pull the foal out within minutes. Have you spoken to the vet yet about treating the foal?

Thanks for the pics and keep us updated cos we will be on the edge of our seats waiting.
default_ohnoes.jpg

Still waiting to hear from vet, he doesn't feel it will be a red bag at this point due to rhino as usually if they are going to have the placental seperation it is sooner in the illness, BUT, we are still prepared for it just in case. My guess is it will be within the next 12-48 hours.

Wow! She does look like she could drop any minute!! Prayers for a safe foaling!

Ladies- how is the coloring in her vulva? Is that a good shade for foaling?

Liz I can't remember if I asked whether you are testing her milk or not?

MeganH, from what I understand the vulva is not the best sign to go by...in other words many get dark before foaling but some do not. It is darker than her "normal" color but not dark red. Eagle, I have tried to test her milk, but try as I may, as full as she looks I can't get anything out and she hates me trying...

Is there some special technique to milking a mare? I know how to milk my goats but this is a different story lol.

I would imagine that you will get milk as soon as she has some, I only need light pressure on my mares and the milk comes out when they are ready to foal. what strips are you using?

I bought ones that read the pH and calcium...but haven't been able to use them yet.

I find Foal-Time strips the best cos they only need 1 drop of milk, I would be useless at mixing. Lol

And that milk can come in mintues before foaling with maiden? Like I should still possibly camp out the next few nights? Or wait until milk is present?

I personally would be camping out, these maiden mares haven't read the book, some do get milk after foaling. Mini maidens really shouldn't foal alone plus what she is going through on top just would be too risky.

Never heard from vet today, grrrr. Hate that. She was still the same this late afternoon/eve. Bag same etc etc. Saw one pooh that was not a cow pie but a big blob without apple form which is VERY unusual for her. Temperature is right around 99.9 (taking to keep on top of possible fever) still coughing, no fever, seems a little more perky.

Latest posts

Back