Barn Name for Palomino

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandy

Reaction score
Hi!
default_saludando.gif
I just got a new stallion. He is a palomino and I am looking for a barn name for him. They called him Sunny, but I have a Sunny (mare). Any ideas?

I have a Sunny... and a Goldie (I know... very original names). Love them, though
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

My golden palomino is named Bacardi (Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold, I picked out his name so go figure... I love it!).

Last edited by a moderator:
You could name him Trigger after Roy Rogers horse. Or how about:

Dusty

Sandy

Al

Scooter

Teddy

Thunder

Lightning

Why don't you wait and get to know his personality, then figure out a barn name for him, rather than picking one based on his color.

I have several Palominos. Desi, Chimes, Lady, Indy, Celtic and Windy. All have barn names that are a part of their registered names.

I agree with Chandra - let his personality or actions choose a name. My pali is Thumper, because the first night we had him, he jumped out of his stall (4')

Or choose part of his registered name.

I agree with Chandra. We name all our animals after food because we are in the catering business. My 2 palominos barn names are Cornbread and Grits

Hahaha before I even opened this thread, just saw the title, I said...."Anything but Sunny!!!" Because there's this guy at the barn I board my big horse, he keeps getting palomino after palomino and they all have some variation of the name Sunny. Son, Sun, Sunny, Golden Sun, Sunny boy...when he got the last one and said it came with the name Sunny, I said gosh darnit we're calling that one El Sol!!! (spanish for sun) LOL

How ironic.
default_rolleyes.gif

Anyways, a picture would help to find a name that fits him.
default_yes.gif
Or, Trigger is a classic palomino name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not like to change a horse's name because that is what they're used to.

But if you HAVE to, it's best to choose a name that "sounds" like Sonny so he'll know his name.

They go by the sound of their name, not the actual name. I have a mare Lady and got another mare called Lady. So I called the new mare Lacy and she knew her name because they sounded the same to her.

I would call your new boy SAMMY
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back