Barn Camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the one!!!
BUT, if you're looking to buy it, check out here for a great deal
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

http://www.swannstore.com/store/cart.php?t...tring=nighthawk
Thanks for this information Jill! I just ordered it! We've been having trouble with one of our cameras and were in need of a couple more.

Pam C.
You're welcome! Becky's price at Amazon is even better than what I found but I think hers has one camera and receiver ($49) and "mine" has two cameras and one receiver ($67). Either way, what a bargain!

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been many years since we used a swann so maybe they have gotten better?? But I know when we tried to use it to view online it wouldnt hardly work at all.

We have gone back and forth for years between wireless and wired and the wired just always gets a better picture IF you are wanting to view on the net.

I agree with Jill and others about the Swann cameras - we love them! We did not go completely wireless as all the cable was in place from the old camera so we made use of some of that. I have a 14" older TV in here for the monitor. Perfectly clear picture (pole barn with metal siding) - I do not use the night vision a lot as I keep the foaling stall lit... it has never bothered he mares. But it is good to have the night vision available should we need it.

We also added a small older TV in the laundry room in the barn - that made camera changes and adjustments easier as someone could stand in the laundry room and advise the person moving the camera out in the barn about the camera angles and placement.
default_yes.gif

I also have a Swann Nighthawk and love it. I am not online but would like to this year. Our bedroom is on the far opposite corner of the house from where we have the stall and camera so would like to put my laptop by our bed so I can watch all night from there instead of sleeping on the hide-a-bed and watching the tv in the kitchen. Mine is wireless and it doesn't like to go through my truck sometimes but otherwise very clear and I love the night vision. Very clear there too. I want to know about online hosts. I think I'll start a new thread for that and not hijack yours.

I am looking to purchase a barn camera to watch my mares that are in foal. What is working for you or what is not working? This is my first time on the forum. I have been a pet mini owner for 15 years. Last year I starting showing in rated shows with my friend's stallion Buck On's Armando Blue's, we did quite well. In Nov. I bought a 6 month old filly from Rhapsody Shetland Farm. We are getting ready to show this year, in New York our shows start in May.

I did do some research on the Swann system. I have a metal roof on the barn, does it still work? Barn cams will be about 130' from the receiver. I would like to connect to the computer, how much are capture cards? Is it hard to do? There are other brands of systems out there that cost $400. are they alot better or not? I have enjoyed this forum today, thanks everyone

I bought a cheapie security camera from Bunker Hill and have had it for a year and have never used. While reading this forum I took it out of the book and hooked it up. Omgosh it is great. The picture is clear on my tv, the color works and it has night vision and can be recorded on a vcr.

I am going to use mine out front for when I let my grand kids out to play. They are not allowed in back due to our pool but this will help me keep and eye on them and I can do my dishes!!

I love it. Got it from Harbour Frieght for 29.99!!

Latest posts

Back