Bailey & Willow in the parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
Today was one of our local festivals. The theme was 'feast of many cultures'.

That was easy enough to work with, so I bought an Aussie flag and my husband (Canadian) had some Canadian flags kicking around. I simply turned the flags into rugs. My son led Bailey during the parade, and I took Willow.

Here is the set up of the yards in the main street of town where we kept the horses on display before and after the parade.

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

Before the street parade, they held a pet competition.

The best 'largest pet'. Willow won 1st prize! The judge was actually a vet and he just LOVED Willow. Told me she was 'beautiful'
default_wub.png

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

I had also entered Bailey in the 'best tricks' . He acted like a nutcase! He stood on his pedestal then decided it was more fun to rear up, kick up and spin around!
default_wacko.png
Where did that come from??? Bailey has to be the most easy going horse but for a moment there he got really excited. Needless to say, we came last! :DOH!

Check out his kicking legs in this photo. See what I mean!

IMG_2091.jpg

Then we had the street parade. Lots of people there are the weather was perfect. They say there were around 2000 people watching the parade!

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

As you can imagine, Midgee stole the show. She loves all the attention. She is so tiny and the parade is a long walk for her, so she got carried through the parade for part of it.
default_wub.png

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

And after a big day for little Midgee, she rested in her yard.

IMG_2203.jpg

I love taking part in local parades and we have another one to attend in a couple of weeks. The little horses really draw a crowd!
default_laugh.png

xox Leonie xox

I love your pictures!!!

Every time someone posts pictures from a parade, fair, or other kind of public event, I always think about just how many people met or saw your minis "yesterday" and still remember them "today". I think that is really neat!

On the last one in your first post, that is funny!!! I used to have a horse who would be BAD at shows but only in the ring. I told his trainer "well, maybe he figure if he was at a show, he should PUT ON a show"
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like it was such a fun time
default_aktion033.gif
thanks for sharing your pictures!

Great pix as ususal... Is Bailey shorter than Willow? He looked like it in the pix..

I saw Midgee right off-she is so cute too...

Awwwwwww....now THAT looks like a satisfyingly fun filled day! Love all the pics!!! And little Midgee is just too precious!!!
default_wub.png

Great pics! What a wonderful memory you will have of this day. Your little gang really "represented" for our mini horse breed!
default_smile.png

Thanks for sharing your fun day with us, Leonie, you always have such great pics.

Great pictures. Looks like it was a really fun day. Bailey and Willow looked great. Midgee is way to cute...and getting carried. I always thought Bailey was bigger than Willow too. Funny, impressions that stick in your head sometimes.

Oh yes, Willow is MUCH taller than Bailey. Bailey measures in at 30 inches at 21/2 years old and Willow is already 35 inches at 1 1/2 years old! She may even be taller now as I last measured her at Christmas time. She has blown past both of her parents height. Might be able to saddle her up and ride her before long! Bailey 'seems' taller because he has a BIG attitude.

Oh yes, Willow is MUCH taller than Bailey. Bailey measures in at 30 inches at 21/2 years old and Willow is already 35 inches at 1 1/2 years old! She may even be taller now as I last measured her at Christmas time. She has blown past both of her parents height. Might be able to saddle her up and ride her before long! Bailey 'seems' taller because he has a BIG attitude.
I thought so-I guess when i see your pics Bailey just looks bigger than life LOL, I didnt realize he was that much smaller than Miss Willow... You better tell her to slow down or you will saddle her up! LOL

I finally remembered to check this thread at home where I can see the pictures and I've got to say, Midgee is so darling it's not even funny!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:love I just want to love her and hug her and squeeze her and pack her home in my suitcase!
default_laugh.png

Leia

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! We had a great day. It was exhausting though! We were discussing the work involved and decided it was more involved than showing! We did not stop all day, talking to people about the horses, showing them off etc. I just love bringing them out in the public and talking about them!

Midgee was so precious during the day. She got pretty tired though, so spent a bit of time sleeping in her little yard. She just takes all the attention in her stride.

We have another festival on Sauruday 11th April, the Easter weekend in the town just down the road. This time it will just be Bailey and Willow as my friend is heading off to Sydney to compete in the Nationals with her horses. I'll post pics of that parade and festival too.

I'm hoping that Bailey will be 100% trained for cart by this time next year and we can enter the parade in cart!

xox Leonie xox

Latest posts

Back