Back from the National FFA Convention ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im way to tired to write allot so im going its going to be allot of pics and little writting lol. We left tuesday morning at 5:30am on a tour bus and went to chicago and toured the board of trades, sears tower and the bay. We also seen a huge building on fire in chicago while we were up on the sears tower. Then we went to Dicks Last Resort which is a restraunt where the workers are rude and mean. I got a hat put on my head that said 'my horse thinks im a good kisser' hehe. Then we went back to Indianapolis where the convention was being held and did soo many things. We also headed out to Louseville KY to see the dracula play. I got allot more pictures on my phone, i took my old cameria and forgot the memory card so i could only get 20 pictures but got about 100 on my cell.

Guess who i met there ...JESSICA (aka Miniseasons or Jess_P here on the forum). She was very very nice and the guy sitting behind me told me to get her number lol. Sorry there blury and im still in official dress at the concert (carey underwood and jason aldean). I look asleep ..because i am lol.

Mejess2.jpg

Mejess.jpg

The members of our FFA Chapter who went to national convention ..me in the back right corner

TheGroup.jpg

Me at the national ffa center ..members of our chapter behind us

MeNationalffacntr.jpg

Me at the Kentucky ffa chapter set up at concention ..leave it to me to find a horse in the middle of the city. Of course, still asleep.

MeHorse.jpg

Me & Garfield lol

MEnGarfield.jpg

My friend brittney and i got matching t-shirts!!! This was after we could finially change at the carey underwood concert.

Twins.jpg

Carey Underwood ..we had good seats!

Underwood.jpg

Britt and i waisting pics ..

MeBrit.jpg

Terry Bradshaw was a speaker at one of our sessions, i liked him ALLOT!

Bradshaw-1.jpg

Overall i loved the national ffa convention! I think we all felt way out of place in the big city though. We had to walk everywhere bc our driver would not drop us off or pick us up so we always were a 25minute walk from convention. There was not a street in Indianapolis we didnt walk. We had allot going on. We also went to the Buckeye Bash which is for all ohio people and buckeye fans and woo was that fun. I found my future husband which is a long story. He is from mansfield ohio and i think i love him lol
default_wub.png
:.

We got on average 3hrs of sleep each night. Normally we were back at the hotel around 2am and up at 5:30 ..you do the math lol. Thats why in half the pics im either dead or half asleep!
default_smile.png

Okay, i'm going to go finish catching up on sleep i think.

Leeana H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Leeana,

I am so glad I got to meet you! Sorry if I seemed way too perky ;)

Ugh, I hate pictures being taken of me, my face looks way too fat. LMFAO at that guy asking for my number!

I'm glad you had fun! I did too. I got a silver in ag sales and the team got a bronze (eew). But I enjoyed the sessions and this years new officer team looks like they will be awesome. I liked Scott Mckain more than Terry Bradshaw speaking ;)

Oh, forgot to add,

I was keeping my eyes peeled for Leeana's ffa chapter and I just happened to spot them about 3 rows away. So instantly I jumped up, ran for the door to get to the other section and ran down to meet Leeana. Yup, I am a ball of energy when it comes to FFA!

im so glad you had a good time! jess your face does not at all look fat!! you both look great.

Leanna the hrs of sleep are pretty much the same at amhr nationals, so i feel your pain sister!!!

love the black tshirt

Jess dont worry, normally i'm peppy as the next person but we literally ran around town all day and to the dome so i'm sorry i was a bit out of it. You were very nice, i wish we could have gotten to do some miniature horse talk. As soon as your mentioned lil beginnings, i dont know if you seen Brittney roll her eyes ..thats all she hears about is lil beginnings and the minis. We fought the whole way to indianapolis and home about minis .vr. quarter horses lol. I tried your cell like 3x and got your step dad. I wish we could have went to the ag sales contest. Instead we got stuck helping with the Poulty Judging Contest, oh brother was that fun ..spraying down dead turkys for 4hrs :lol:

Thanks kay
default_wub.png
:

Our chapter felt really out of place in the big city. After day 1 i was sick and couldnt breathe out of my nose or taist anything and overall felt crapy. I think it was because it stank in Chicago and Indianpolis and you could smell polution in the air ICK! We felt so out of place coming from the one stop light town that you can walk from one end of to they other in 5 minutes to this huge metropolis like town where you could drive from one end to the other in 2 hours! I was taken back by how nice everyone was in Chicago bc i pictured it being like New York, butt it wasnt ..it was just really busy and i about got knocked over 3x by people on the street.

We ate at a restraunt called 'Palomino' and it was the best good i have ever taisted, yum! I also learned how to lassal (sp?), got 2 PBR riders autographs and had a spam eating contest with my Ag teacher who kicked my butt ..final score was 4 to 26 lol. Our Ag teacher also got hypnotized agian this year. I lost my button that gets me in and had to dish out extra money to buy another one and i went through so many metal detectors i felt like a magnet! We also went to the chicago board of trades, what a hectic place!!!

All in all ..i'm glad to be back to my small town lol. I would completely go back agian exept this time with more comfirtable shoes for all the walking, my toes dont feel to nice right now. We can me a ffa member untill were 21 so i want to shoot for going to nationals for equine judging next year, we'll see how that goes lol.

Jessica, i seen no one from New Hampsire (sp?) there and believe me ..i was looking. I did see New Jersey and it kept getting my hopes up lol.

Oh shoot! I must have given you the wrong number, the last two digits are 31. I must have given you 29 by accident.

Haha okay, I was a bit taken aback by how tired you were. I wish we could have talked longer, but we have nationals or the phone to do that
default_smile.png

Palominos was across the street from us,

We ate at the Hard Rock, Buca(?)'s, and went to the Comedy Sports Club.

Wow looks like you had a blast Leeana.

I know Jessica did because I just got off the phone with her. :bgrin

Meh, don't worry about looking tired. You should see me on a daily basis. Haha.

And Jess, your face doesn't look fat! You look just fine. Your hair isn't flat either. You want flat hair, look at mine!

Haha, thanks Jamie. We are going to have a blast at AMHR nationals oh seven!!!!

Back