bacardi's first drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilstars

Reaction score
just want to show off my gelding bacardi i broke him to drive myself first driving horse for me!!!!! i couldn't have been prouder of him!!!!

bacardifirstdrive012.jpg

oh i know the shafts are to long, but he was quite a trooper!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you, i was so nervous about doing it but he did so well he made me feel good about it

I'm hoping we can get a couple of ours started this summer. I dont have a clue how to even start,but my mom does.Luckily my mom is my neighbor
default_laugh.png
. Do you prefer leather or nylon? From what i'v read most people prefer the leather.

i prefer leather but i only have nylon, but it worked, and i didn't have a breast collar (this harness and cart were given to me) so i took the breeching off and made it a collar actually worked good and he seemed comfortable even though i had to make things up

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting! I'm also getting ready to start my little guy - it looks like so much fun!

Well done on training him yourself.

thanks guys!! can i say also this is the first time i could post a pic on here, thanks to my daughter courtney, i actually trained him with the help of many friends by email, thanks to all of them...
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

We have a gelding named Bacardi (Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold) as well. He is my favorite horse BUT he needs to learn to do what your boy is doing now
love0075.gif

thanks jill thats to funny, i just gelded him in sept i beleive, he was quite an excitable stallion, 6 yrs old and never bred but once gelded he just turned rite into a gentlemen and took everything in stride, good luck w your bacardi
default_rolleyes.gif

Congrats Angel!!! He looks good. We can't even THINK about driving here, with all the ice on the ground.

thanks mary,

we had a few nice 60 degree days so we had a thaw, and all the snow and ice is gone!!!

thinking nice sunny days for you

Latest posts

Back