Baby's first clip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostandFound

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have some helpful hints on how to do that on a mini foal? I'd like to get an idea what she looks like under all that hair without either of us getting hurt.

Usually they stand right there and enjoy it. I find the most problem area is the face,ears and from the knees down. But there is always that character that doesn't want to be clipped. It can help to have someone there with you to hold the foal still.

I generally run the clipper over its back and down the tummy without it being plugged in just to get them used to the motion. If I am not going for a show clip I will use a 7.5 because I don't want to clip too close. That hair can be helpful when it comes to bugs and flies bothering them and really guards them against getting sun burned too.

Good luck.

Well, I guess I have a character. She has a very strong opinion about things. She watched momma and doesn't seem to be scared but she has decided I won't be going anywhere near her head. Looks like this is going to be a 2 person job.

Well, I guess I have a character. She has a very strong opinion about things. She watched momma and doesn't seem to be scared but she has decided I won't be going anywhere near her head. Looks like this is going to be a 2 person job.
:) Little stinker.

Latest posts

Back