Baby Spike

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonloubri

Reaction score
With the help of some friends, our only foal this year came into this world on 3/28/09. I hesitated to post as he is a dwarf and wasn't sure if he would be okay. When he was one week old, we found out the tarsal bones in his hock were not fully developed and when he walked it caused minor fractures in the lower bones. On went casts on both rear legs. If it helped, great, if not we would have a big decision to make. After four weeks, more x-rays were done and showed a great improvement. During this time I contacted Janel about "Magic Shoes" for Spike's front legs. He had them fitted yesterday.

Here he is at one day old.

SpikeCropped-1.jpg

And this is today

P5050034.jpg

Oh he is SO SWEET!! I would just have to move him into the house and have him sleep on the bed!! He's so lucky he has such a great Mommy who is giving him a chance and is helping him so much. He looks wonderful!!! Please keep us updated on his progress!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

He is precious. Thank you for going the extra mile for this sweetheart.

Please keep us updated on his progress.

Sending him some big hugs!!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures, Spike is absolutely adorable
default_biggrin.png
keep us posted on how he's doing.

He is alittle darling boy
default_wub.png

Glad you got him the magic shoes. I hope he continues to do well
default_smile.png

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
AWWW. what a cutie pie!!!! glad he got his magic shoes and hope he continues to thrive!!!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

He is very cute... I hope he continues to improve with his little magic shoes and casts
default_smile.png

Spike is such a cutie!! I am so happy he is doing well, my fingers are crossed that he continues. Its so awesome to see you take on such a task and give Spike the chance he deserves!! Hats off to you
default_smile.png
Here is to many more years of happiness for
default_saludando.gif

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

He is so precious! Thanks for sharing. I saw him on the dwarf forum. He is greatful to have you as his mom. You will now find the joy of owning a dwarf. I would never breed for one. But they do find a special place in our hearts, and do give us many joy's. Thanks Again for sharing! Lorie

Bonnie forgot to mention that she and her husband have to go out at intervals and pick the little begger up on his legs so he can go to the bathroom and nurse. I know they are about wore out! He is a cutie! Hang in there Bonnie and Mike, you are both doing great!

Keeping him in my thoughts that every thing just coasts right along as it should.

Our Cowboy sends Spike his warmest regards and hopes he continues to improve!
default_wub.png

TMIGC-cowboy082.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and thoughts.

I would just have to move him into the house and have him sleep on the bed!!
Thought about it but his momma, "Nola" would have been very unhappy. She is being a very good mom but doesn't want him out of her sight.

Cowboy, Spike says hi.

Latest posts

Back