baby bump/bumps.....?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be fun to see who goes first
default_smile.png
lol

The race is on, indeed. Now I have to go back and check your mares, too.

Ah - well, I know about that one, too. With several mares.

We had a 13 hh 2 yr old mare (wasn't 13 hh at the time - that was later when she fully matured) that jumped a 5'gate to get into the pen w/ our Shetland stallion - marks were on the ground where she took off and landed. When I arrived - AJ not interested in her, she showed no actual sign of breeding (but we didn't have her palpated at the time either). 10 months exactly - she had a beautiful filly...

AND had one one I was a teen that we bred to our stallion (full size horse - 3/4 TB). Vet said not in foal via US near beginning of pregnancy and thru palpation just 60 days before foaling. No bag development - young maiden mare. Had to have carried "high & tight" - because while I'd felt she was a bit "off" a couple of times while starting her under saddle, the vet said "NO"... One day go out to the barn and there is a HUGE filly next to what then was a rather thin mare - took months to get her back into decent weight. Didn't help that "Ghost" was a heavy, hard udder puller. We went to creep feeding as soon as the filly ("Ghost") started eating - creep feeders worked much better with full size horses than they do with minis/ponies
default_smile.png

and now - there is our "herd"... hmmm...

Alrightyyy!!!! So I may be sleeping in barn tonight. The cuteness (lady bug) is acting weird. Carying tail up. Vulva looks more relaxed to me. Udder is changed a little. She's not really staying near the heard. And she is not an independent one. There is a bunch of her hair all over yard and fence. This is also odd cause she does not do any of that.

So here are pics of her. And calfe udder shrinking again
default_sad.png

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I think that's a good decision. Sometimes they don't give us lots of signs, but differences in their "normal" behaviors can certainly be a "sign". She looks puffy and slab-sided in the pictures, so I think it's a good idea to start giving her that steady vigil until baby is safely on the ground!

Praying for an uneventful foaling of a healthy little one for you! Come on momma!!

No babies yet. The cuteness did not show any discomfort, and just didn't seem like she was ready so I went inside. I'll have to see what she does today.

Thank you everyone. I just hope they actually decide to deliver the babies. Not hold on to them forever. Sorry kml but I don't know how you are doing it.

Calfe- wow!!!! So I check her back this afternoon...... And it is double the size. And pretty hard. Checked her temp and it is 100.4 not 101 her usual. So if when I check it later, and it is lower then we may have a baby by morning.....but I can only hope lol. And it won't happen anyway. Vulva seems puffy. Tail loose. Belly looks different.

The cuteness- she's got some yellow discharge. But only like a drop. Kind of makes me nervous. But she seems fine drinking eating. I'm going to start figuring out her normal temp.

I will take pics a little later. At the moment the phone I use to take them, is with my mom at ikea. Since it is her phone
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I go out this morning to feed, and there is more progress.

*bag is bigger

*vulva darker

*temp last night was between 100.5-100.7

This morning it was 99.8. I do not know if this is her usual morning temp. As I do not do morning temp checks. But it is odd to me. So I am going to check it in an hour.

* there are small poops alllllllll over the stall. She did not step in them. She just went all over the place. And normally she poops along the right stall wall. She's very dainty lol

* also irritable

Iam checking on her every half hour by looking through the window. I want minimal disturbance. She is with the heard, just to make her feel normal. And if she wants she can walk away.

Hoping a baby soon
default_smile.png

Sounds very exciting, and make sure none of her herd partners interfere with her. Sometimes they will hold out if they don't feel it will be safe for baby. And remember, bonding is important just between momma and baby.

Can't wait to read the happy news!

Still no baby yet. But we are pretty close.

*I put her in stall around 1:00 so she would not be uncomfortable with the others, they seemed to be stalking her in a nice friendly way. Diane you were a little late lol. I think they know something is up

* temp is 100.0 her temp last night at this time was between 100.5 to 100.7. So it is staying lower then usual.

* udder a bit bigger.

* tail and ligaments long gone from being of use lol. Jello butt.

* biting sides, shifting, pooping a lot, very fast :-! , kicking at belly.

* her vulva can not be any looser! I almost had a heart attack when I saw it. It is really swollen. When I looked inside, I saw what looked like veracose veins and just woow!!! So shut them real quick gathered my composure and then looked again and they were back to being red and veiny.

Gonna get pics soon. I have been checking every half hour.

Latest posts

Back