baby bump/bumps.....?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fINAlly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a boy!!!

She had him this morning. I should've listened to my gut and stayed her Volva was turning redder and looser and her bag was a smidge bigger but not much I'm gonna have to take udder pictures to show you guys that she really doesn't get a giant udder. It's a solid black colt all legs beautiful head little dopey but adorable and alive and she had it in herd outside. Wooooooo

wow i am so happy for you congrat for the beautiful healthy baby
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

how long did her pregnancy last ? I'm curious since some people are still waiting and they are at 350 , mine is almost 330

CONGRATULATIONS ON A LITTLE BEAUTY!!!!!!

Can't wait for lots more pictures!!

Now that I have time to breathe and clear my head lol. Since the baby, here is how it all happened.

Yesterday morning I had a gut feeling she was gonna foal, I did not listen to it and instead went to work. Obliviously I have not learned much from that feeling, since I keep ignoring it lol. I got home, and everyone in my family is doing there usual routine. Looked out the window saw a blk blob on the ground with calfe standing over it. I freak out ( this included some screeches and some inaudible swearing) run outside. Check it over. Seems very drained, weak. So I get him up give him a one over. Find he has a little bump on his gums. Then I check calfes bag, find its same size. I try to milk it get clear milk out. Then I get baby up and nursing. While fighting off the other pesky ladies. Ehmmm blazin the cuteness. Skipping forward a bit. I make a mini breast pump milk calfe and feed baby. He poops. Goes back to sleep. Over this time I had checked on calfe. She's pretty bruised, and torn a bit. So I cleaned her up using a rag and vet antibacterial soap. She was also welting on her udder and around her vulva from gnats biting her all day. Skipping forward again... Baby does not believe calfe is his mom so he was calling. Figured out he was trying to nurse off the old lady. Also known to be a baby stealer. She took calfes first baby too.

But now he's got it figured out. I found the placenta and it was pretty dried up. I figure he was born around 9am. Long story shortened yet again, his name is going to be Hartley's Hullabaloo although it is not definite... I think it will fit on papers..?

More pics hopefully this evening. Outside. I need to clean calfe up.

Wow! Glad you were able to help him out and can't wait for outside pictures!! So who's up next and how far along is she?

Lucky save! Hope the little one is up and doing better this morning. Having a "stealer" in the herd can really cause some problems at foaling time. Hope they're separated and doing some loving bonding for the next several days.

Can't wait for pictures!!

Yeah I plan on having them separate for a while. I couldn't get new pics, its been raining. And yesterday I got home late. Maybe tomorrow.

Lady bug aka the cuteness is due on the 31st. For some reason I thought it was the 15th. Her udder is slowly changing shape.

Hullabaloo ( calfes colt) is very itchy. Anyone have any ideas. He does not have lice. And it's been since day one. He even likes me to scratch on his tail lol.

The only good thing about the "stealer" is she will watch over the babies, just in case I get a careless mare. She would also be first to adopt lol. Good surrogate
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I know!! I was really excited to take some new ones sorry.

I just noticed, Ryan hasn't been around for a few days. He's missing out on all the new babies!! Well he will be in for a bunch of fun surprises
default_smile.png

did you give your mare a wormer ? it may be the cause of and itchy baby i like to worm the mare the day she foal part of it goes thru the milk i heard ? Beside that i don't know what can possibly cause it ? mosquito ?

There are some mosquitoes. I wormed her a couple weeks before foaling. Never thought of that. Interesting
default_smile.png

well i may be wrong ask your vet but i do it anyway since it cannot cause any harm to the foal and i still believe it does go thru the milk
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back