AWESOME GUY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joylee123

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Carl Mitz came to our farm today! He really knows his stuff! Everything I've herd about him is true LOL! He worked on one of my little mares who can be the the horse from H#@!! he popped all her caps off and she didn't even try to rear or be a pill and he did it without even a lead rope on
default_new_shocked.gif
( and NO tranquilizers!!!) [/SIZE]

My older mare , Carl showed me what the regular vets have been missing. Her mouth was a nightmare!! I have had such a hard time keeping weight on this little mare and she's been quidding since I got her. I've already taken her to the vet twice this year, in January and in April and both times they floated her teeth and told me she just has wavy mouth. Carl showed me hooks in the very back of her mouth that looked like they had never been touched. When he nipped them out they were each about an inch long! Can you imagine how that must have hurt, chewing like that
default_no.gif
He also pulled a tooth that was rubbing and cutting her cheek. This poor little mare had several cuts on her lounge and cheeks. I knew something wasn't right.... dang those vets. Anyhow Just thought I'd share and let everyone know that I'm an official Carl fan
default_new_multi.gif
default_wub.png

Joy

Hooray, Joy! Glad Carl got those teeth done for you!

He came to my house after he was at yours! You are right- he does an awesome job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn it! Wish I'd paid more attention and known he was in Kansas today. I've got a stallion that was a rescue...halter was grown into his head and pinched his mouth. I would've liked to have Carl look at him. Hopefully, I can catch him next time he's this close. Glad you had such success today!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Hooray, Joy! Glad Carl got those teeth done for you! He came to my house after he was at yours! You are right- he does an awesome job!
[SIZE=12pt]Peg,[/SIZE]

He told me he was headed your way! I asked him to tell you Hi for me
default_saludando.gif
Hope all went well for your guys too
default_biggrin.png

Hugs,

Joy

Darn it! Wish I'd paid more attention and known he was in Kansas today. I've got a stallion that was a rescue...halter was grown into his head and pinched his mouth. I would've liked to have Carl look at him. Hopefully, I can catch him next time he's this close. Glad you had such success today!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
You have a PM.

Hooray, Joy! Glad Carl got those teeth done for you! He came to my house after he was at yours! You are right- he does an awesome job!
[SIZE=12pt]Peg,[/SIZE]

He told me he was headed your way! I asked him to tell you Hi for me
default_saludando.gif
Hope all went well for your guys too
default_biggrin.png

Hugs,

Joy
Yep- He gave me the message! Things went great here!

Huge Carl fan here also!!!! He was at my place Sunday to get the mamas taken care of. They were too close to delivering this spring when he was here.

I would encourage everyone to atleast watch Carl work even if it isn't on one of your minis...he is truely amazing. Fast....Gentle....and just a super nice guy.

Thanks Carl!!!!!

Gina

Carl did my horses teeth this past January when he made his Florida swing. I have to say I am very impressed. I'll be making sure he sees my horses next January. I love the way he handles the horses.

Barbie

This Carl sounds like a Saint, and he is a traveling vet ( dentist) too! Could I have his full name so I can pass it along to my friends with horses in California, and it might be good to know if I am ever living back in the states. Good dentists are hard to find. ... Never mind I got it "Mitz" was reading too fast, my bad.

Last edited:
Carl is the best in the business when it comes to mini teeth.
default_wub.png

He is so gentle with the horses, but yet gets the job done quicker than anyone i have ever watched. Here he can go thru the entire herd (which he does twice a year) in about 3 -5 hours, including the time to do the procedures that are needed. caps, hooks etc.
default_aktion033.gif

But you misquoted when you said he was a Vet., he is not. He is a licensed Equine Denist. Additionally he does not use tranquilzers whatsoever. If you have a procedure that requires that he always brings in a vet. Any un-licensed person that uses medications is not someone that I want treating my horses for anything.
default_yes.gif

He does make frequent trips to California, so may be able to see your friend's horses when he is there several times a year.
default_wink.png

Good Luck,

Isn't he awesome!!!??? We just love Carl and look forward to his annual visits here too! He IS very thorough and does absolutely know his stuff.

There is a prime example that vets do not excel at dentistry and this guy has done nothing but.... he is the Mini King. (Did he tell you that story?) Any time watching him is very educational- we usually have many big farms together and get to see a LOT of horses being done. I just can't say enough nice things about Carl and what he does for the Mini industry (and the equine dentistry industry on the whole)

Does Carl have a website or DVD's. What other states does he travel too? Years and years ago I knew a traveling equine dentist, had a chute type rig just for dentals on horse he pulled. Thanks ahead for any informaiton. Becky

I have been a BIG fan of Carl's for years
default_aktion033.gif

I have him out twice a year, every year, to check all my minis!
default_yes.gif

He does a much better job than my equine vets (they even admit to this!) And he does it easier, quicker, with much less stress to the horses. Carl IS a saint, in my book!
default_wub.png

Carl has come up our way in Minnesota for years and I look forward to him coming every year.

It is most important for Carl to see the weanlings, as he can prevent trouble before it even happens.

When I have some horses that I have had trouble keeping weight on, I a sure that they have teeth problems and when Carl gets here, I find I am always right.

It would be a sin to lose him, as Texas is trying to do!!

Yes Carl's AWESOME!
default_biggrin.png
I can thank my step-dad for Carl coming to Nebraska! Otherwise he'd of never of come to NE! We make all the dental equipment (or most of it) for Carl and we have our "annual" Capps Manufacturing cook out here in August with Carl! Where Carl's not only the best equine dentist but a perfectionist with his barbequein' meat!
default_wub.png
That's the best!! So I'm spoiled to get my horses "ALL" of them looked at twice a year! Carl is extremly good! I've learned allot by watching and asking questions!

It is EXTREMLY important to get those babies, weanling and yearlings looked at and 3yr.olds need thier capps removed and just all ages... I could go on and on with all the "normal" routine things that minis NEED to have done with thier mouth! Minis are "man-made" so when I hear that a mini's teeth is fine and they've never been done before I know that's a bunch of BULL!!!!
default_wacko.png

How do you get in touch with him? I live in northern Nevada and we desperatley need a good equine dentist vist!

Carl was here last Monday (17th) woohoo, he rocks!!! He always does a wonderful job and makes the best jerky in the world period!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back